Porcelain Stoppers...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
If your looking for a nice go with and you collect from the North Eastern US you might want to check these out from CandC, I find it hard to believe these were all dug from a Paterson NJ dump and yet none are from NJ but I guess it's possible[8|]. Maybe someone was collecting way back when and the collection got tossed in a dump here??

Anyway there are some great tops to be had if you're looking to complete a bottle with an original stopper which I love to do.....Jim

http://www.ebay.com/sch/candckola/m.html?_nkw=stopper&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Funny, I had run into a fellow some years back who purchased all my odd Hutter stoppers, I had coffee cans full of them, with the firms name on the top. Nice guy, paid me a buck or two each, I was happy. Now I have even seen them out on tables for sale at shows (the South River show I saw stoppers for sale on a table). Might be the up and coming thing......

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I'd say they're definitely collectible, not as much as the bottles though. Everyone wants to reunite a bottle with its stopper, especially collectors of local stuff.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

I'd say they're definitely collectible, not as much as the bottles though. Everyone wants to reunite a bottle with its stopper, especially collectors of local stuff.
Especially those of us with a box of brand new wire bails with whcih to attach them back on their respective bottles...[;)]

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

Especially those of us with a box of brand new wire bails with whcih to attach them back on their respective bottles...[;)]

Even more so those who won't share! [8D]

appliedlips

Reaction score
Stick them in a tile saw, drill em with a masonry bit and make drawer pulls if you get too many.

baltbottles

Reaction score
I have a collection of Baltimore ones and have sold several for over $50 on ebay. I had one bring about $125, 5 or 6 years ago.

Chris

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
This is very topical. I'm thinking of listing one that I found on ebay that I have never seen before. I'm curious as to what will happen.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583