Post 1900, but what a blast!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been working a early 1900s site for a couple of weeks now (aside to sunshine4me, did you get my invite to come along? only a 1/2 mile from you![:)]) anyway the place is loaded with non-imbossed cork-tops, lots of milk glass, five sizes of cobalt Nox-ema (16oz is a beauty![:)]) and other 1900-1920s 'stuff'. I'm really enjoying it though, a lot of the food and medicine products from that era were contained in some interesting bottles. Some of the early ABM bottles are so crude, at first they look BIM. I've been placing all those plain corkers, early Listerines etc., in nice neat piles covered with about 6'' of earth for those future diggers[:)]. Although mabey I should bring some of those Listerines (4 diff. sizes) home, I saw 3 of them on ebay the other night and the bid was at $15.[8D] Some of the more interesting finds have been the cast-iron toys, a school bus, steam-driven fire engine and others. They're all broken in some way or other, however they still display nicely. I suspect if I keep digging 'down' I'll hit an early use layer, I'm at 36'' with no end in site and the dump covers about 1/2 acre. I'll post some pictures soon.

deepwoods

Reaction score
Norm - See if you can feel the bottom with a probe - if its not too deep and hazardous, go to the bottom and use a rake on the sides - a bet you find some nice,older stuff. Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1