POST A PIC OF YOUR PRIVY !!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Minoque

Reaction score
The way I find bottles is much easier, just find a frozen lake, look for a bottle and dig a hole. [:D]

Jh16942.jpg

The bottle is a Danish mineralwater bottle from 1860-1890

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Dear Kim...

I was going to send you a picture of my privy, but when I opened the door with my digital camera, my wife threw a book at me..seems she was using it at the time!
(Chuckle chuckle[:D])

Good digging....

Dr J

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Yeah Kim, I thought that was quite forward of you asking for a picture of our privy![:D] But since you asked nicely, here ya go...

Fd93243.jpg

Attachments

• Fd93243.jpg
    Fd93243.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 105

oz-riley

Reaction score
I am very impressed with the way Minoque finds bottles and it is a great picture, this would have to be the easiest way I have seen to date.
Minoque do you find many this way or is it a bit of a rarity?

IRISH has researched a new spot where a few Cobalt Blue Australian Codds have been found in a Mangrove area at the top of Western Australia, it is an old town tip (dump).
He has suggested that I put on the wetsuit and probe for bottles in the water and he will stand on the bank with a 303 rifle and shoot any Salt Water Crocodiles that come near me.
He was surprised when I was not as keen on the idea as he was [&:]

Thanks
Chris

IRISH

Reaction score
Chris, you would be safe, I'm a good shot [:D].
Was it my asking you to sign over your collection to me in your will first that put you off [;)] .

Minoque

Reaction score
We find a lot of bottles in lakes, from one lake we have pulled over 5000 bottles, videly spread around all time periods from 1830-2000, and even a few dated 1600-1750. mostly we have just walked or sailed in our little rowboat, along the banks and pulled every bottle we could see, up with a rake.
The one under the ice was from a Winter where the ice froze very fast and was completly clear, so it was like walking on glass, we could see everything on the buttom, even some deeper than we could grap.
We are now experimenting with a underwater camera and a very long pole, with a graphook.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
CRIMMEY! Chris, that was a big won' Good thing you ad Irish covren yor back.[:D] Just take the 'Crocodile Guy' along, then you both could search. Actually that has been something on my mind since I first came across you guys from oz. Is there any records of bottle hunters becoming a meal?! You got all kinds of 'nastys' in the bush, and I don't think I would venture near a salt marsh!

Kim

Reaction score
WOW!

I am impressed. I can't believe what you guys go through to find a bottle, ice, water, dirt. It certainly adds more value to bottle collecting when you can grasp the concept of obtaining them.

Does anybody know about the NSW legalities of digging "Dunnyholes".

I think the boys should take me with them to W. Aust. I hold a license and I'm not a bad shot. That way you both can go in and it would be twice as quick, you also only run a 50% chance that a croc would eat you, considering he would have a choice. Hehe!

I hope you all keep the photos coming, thanks, they are most enjoyable. Kim

bearfan

Reaction score
My Word! Are there really bottles that far down??? Norm I will really have to explain to my Mother why we are going to dig a 10 foot hole in her yard! LOL It is in the woods. All she cares is that the animals in the woods, deer and bears etc., are safe from a hole. I never even dreamed of digging a hole that far down. I guess my 6 inch hole did not even scratch the surface. Learning more everyday I come here. Wow![8|]

IRISH

Reaction score
Hey bearfan, the deepest I've ever dug was just over 20 feet, a friend of mine often digs holes 30 feet plus (he digs out old gold diggings near camps).
It all depends on the site, some there are no bottles more that a foot down but mostly they will be between the surface and six to 8 feet.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973