Potatoes

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Now you're talking, Jim,

Have you tried em with chorizo, and/or pistachios, and lotza garlic?
Normally with bacon Surf, I'll add some nuts too next time...always with garlic, hell I like garlic on ice cream...[8D]

surfaceone

Reaction score
hell I like garlic on ice cream... [8D]

It doesn't require a visit to Gilroy anymore...

garlic-ice-cream.jpg

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
the little ones are grown here by the acre and shipped thru the terminal in philadelphia you can buy them wholesale there in the 40 50 pound 100 pound box.. appox about 2.00 per pound.. anyone can go buy there costs 3 dollars to get in..
here's the link
http://www.pwpm.net/

ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

everyone should plant taters. They are the easiest thing there is to grow. And you cant buy the little new taters in the store...they are the best.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
the problem is the thin skinned new potatoes dry out very fast. I pick them right before I use them like asparagus. Certain vegs are infinately better fresh.

Stardust

Reaction score
I'm a sweet potato lover ~ Crave them and love to cook them many ways ~ [;)]

Dugout

Reaction score
So I'd like to see some favorite potatoe recipes now. Including sweet potatoes. (Just watch, nobody will reply to that!)

epackage

Reaction score
Twice baked, my favorite...

Ingredients
4 large russet potatoes, each about 3/4 pound each, scrubbed and dried
2 to 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
6-8 slices of bacon
1/3 cup sour cream
1 scallion, finely chopped
Freshly grated nutmeg, optional
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Place the potatoes directly on the rack in the center of the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Pierce each potato in a couple spots with a fork and continue to bake until tender, about 30 minutes more. Remove potatoes from the oven, and turn the heat down to 375 degrees F.

Fry bacon until cripsy, set aside on a plate with paper towel. Crumble when cool enough.

Hold the potato with an oven-mit or towel, trim off the top of the potatoes to make a canoe-like shape. Reserve the tops. Carefully scoop out most of the potato into a bowl. Take care to leave enough potato in the skin so the shells stay together. Mash the potato lightly with fork along with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the butter and sour cream. Stir in the bacon, scallion, nutmeg, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Season the skins with salt and pepper. Refill the shells with the potato mixture mounding it slightly. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the potato filling. Brush the reserved top with the remaining butter and season with salt and pepper.

Set the potatoes and lids on a baking sheet, and bake until heated through, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.

epackage

Reaction score
Alton Brown's Leftover Baked Potato Soup

Ingredients
3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups finely diced leeks
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
6 cups chicken stock, hot
4 large leftover baked potatoes, halved. pulp scooped out and put through a ricer
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
1/4 cup minced chives

Directions

In a large saucepot, over high heat melt the butter and add the leeks and garlic. Cook over medium heat until they are translucent. Add the hot stock and whisk to combine.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the riced potatoes, buttermilk, sour cream, and grated Parmesan. Add this mixture to the soup stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and add the Sherry vinegar.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1