Potatoes

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dugout

Reaction score
GOLDEN PARMESAN POTATOES

6 large potatoes, raw
1/4 cup sifted flour
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup butter
chopped parsley

Pare & quarter potatoes. Combine flour, cheese, salt, and pepper in a bag.
Moisten potatoes with water and shake a few at a time in the bag, coating
potatoes well with cheese mixture. Melt butter in a 9x13 inch baking pan,
place potatoes in pan. Bake at 375* for about 1 hour turning once during baking
when golden brown.

Dugout

Reaction score
SINFULL SPUDS

Peel 4 potatoes. Cut the potatoes in slices leaving them joined at the bottom,
so they fan out at the top. Put potatoes on a baking dish. Sprinkle with seasoning salt.
Melt 3 Tablespoons butter and drizzle over the potatoes. Bake at 425* for about 50 minutes
or until done. Remove them from the oven and sprinkle with 4 oz. grated cheddar cheese,
(and chopped herbs if desired) and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Bake the potatoes
5-10 minutes more until golden.

Dugout

Reaction score
CREAMY MASHED POTATOES

5# potatoes pared & quartered
2 teaspoons salt
6 oz. cream cheese cubed
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups heavy cream (milk or half & half)
2 Tablespoons butter
paprika

Cook spuds with 1 teaspoon salt in boiling water in a Dutch oven until tender (about 30 minutes).
Drain well. Mash potatoes with a potatoe masher until smooth. Add cream cheese, 4 tablespoons butter, garlic salt,
pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Mix until smooth. Gradually add heavy cream, mixing until smooth
after each addition. Turn the potatoe mixture into a greased 13x9x2 (3 quart) baking dish.
Dot top of potatoes with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and sprinkle with paprika.
Bake at 325* for 30 minutes. Increase heat to 375* and bake 30 minutes more or until hot. Makes 12 servings.

bobble

Reaction score
quote:

ORIGINAL: bobble

Jim,aren't you supposed to introduce some carbs back into this diet?

I am but I'm limiting it to green veggies for now, I'm feeling like a new man and I'm down a good 20+ lbs...

My sister said try and get to 200 but I'll stop at 225-230 and be very happy, I have a large frame...

Big feller myself,and Adkins believer.You really have to be careful,don't be like me and abuse it by going on and off it whenever it suits ya.The diet just about cures some pains and I get an energy kick after the first three weeks.Somehow ,Hostess and Little Debbie ambushes me 6 months into it[8D]Sounds like you have more willpower than me tho.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bobble

Big feller myself,and Adkins believer.You really have to be careful,don't be like me and abuse it by going on and off it whenever it suits ya.The diet just about cures some pains and I get an energy kick after the first three weeks.Somehow ,Hostess and Little Debbie ambushes me 6 months into it[8D]Sounds like you have more willpower than me tho.
I have a very addictive personality Robert, whether it's Booze, Bottles, Gambling or anything else. So it's actually easy for me to stick with something, at least this time it'll be a healthy Vice....LOL[;)]

epackage

Reaction score
Thanx Renee, I like the Parmesan recipe, I'll try it when I add more carbs to my diet as a CHEAT item...I've used the Sinful recipe before and it's really good as well...[;)]

Dugout

Reaction score
My weight loss program starts in about 2 1/2 weeks, even if I don't need to lose weight. It is called "lambing out 171 ewes". It happens every year about this time. And I always lose what ever I gained over the winter. Such is life.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1