pottery

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

robert murray

Reaction score
hi i was wandering does any one here keep the broken pottery thay find or am i the only one.i live in the anna illinois area famouse for its pottery and i have a few hundred poulds of broken pottery i have kept.

towhead

Reaction score
I actually had a piece that was supposed to have come from the Loggers that went behind my house in the late 1800's! -Julie

diggerdirect

Reaction score
I have several stoneware restorers who regularly check in to see what broken pottery I've carted home. Any decent piece (by that I mean marked, decorated or unusual form) that has 70-80% of its pieces comes home, rarer pieces can be missing half or more of the pieces and still pays to cart 'em out. Also all the handles, ears, tops & c. Some times I might make only a few bucks, other times (& it has happened more than I care to admit,lol) the busted stoneware brought more than the bottles that were found. Over the course of a digging season it really adds up.

Al

swizzle

Reaction score
I've always kept mine. I haven't gotten anything great yet but one of the shards goes to a crock that's worth over $800. I've gotten a lot of nice blue pieces. Birds, flowers and such. If you can't find enough of it to put it together then they still make nice garden pieces. Swiz

Fuzzie0711

Reaction score
I save any pottery will interesting design or wording. Finding alot of jug tops and crock covers but still waiting to find a whole one. I use them as decorative "fillers" in my bottle collection.

robert murray

Reaction score
wow thats cool i thought i was the only one. i have a piece that my dad found and gave to me for my b-day and its worth over a 1000 with chips in it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles