Price question.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I think the 'roof' was embossed, and the base too, but I saw either a Hop Tonic or Hop's Tonic bottle today (I rode 30 rough miles in trying out a new route, so don't yell at me for forgetting exactly what is said) at an estate sale place. I think they call this a semi-cabin bottle. I'm not interested in it for me, but what would be a price to pick these up at, and what would they sell for? College is coming up quickly, and so I could use some cash. I typically buy and sell, and as it isn't in my area of interest I'd end up selling. It's amber and a blob. Which is the least-valued variation also? Its condition looked pretty good, but it's missing its labels on all the 3 blank panels.

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Don't know if same variant but found one embossed Hop Tonic vertically on indented side panels from bottom to top, and hop tonic on all four shoulder panels, or "roof". Sold in 2010 on ABA for $100 plus shipping and bidders premium, so could tack on another $30 for a rough total estimate.....HTH Jack

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
PS- ABA listed as scarce and also a bitters, even though not embossed bitters, but that's another (old) debate......Jack

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I might ride down again and take pics then see if anyone here is interested. The current price on theirs is 75. But she told me she usually can come down on items.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I will upload later the pics I took today. It is a very dark bottle, embossed HOP- / TONIC on the roofs and only one side says HOP TONIC. It's stained inside, though.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I also realize that I forgot to thank Jack for his helpful information on pricing and such. I apologise.
Hop%2BTonic%2B007.JPG
I know, very bad background, but I couldn't bring it outside, and the store was dim.
Hop%2BTonic%2B008.JPG
The "C" in "TONIC" looks like a "6."
Hop%2BTonic%2B012.JPG
Hop%2BTonic%2B013.JPG
From in the mold?
Hop%2BTonic%2B015.JPG
"75- firm"Her words: "Don't be scared by the prices. Most items I can come down on."
Hop%2BTonic%2B010.JPG
The color in the light.
Hop%2BTonic%2B009.JPG
"Roofs"
Hop%2BTonic%2B011.JPG
Mouth. Other than a lot of staining, some scratches and flea-bites, it's a good-looking very dark bottle. Hop Tonic came from Grand Rapids, Michigan. Current price on it is $75-- way too high for me to buy for myself, but if anyone's interested... We'll see what we can do. I'd like to make a couple bucks, even if only a very little. Again: Only one face is embossed and says. "HOP TONIC," but all the 'roofs' of this semi-cabin bottle are embossed as "HOP- / TONIC."

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85