Privy Location?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
One place that seems to often be good is under the floor boards of old houses (without basements). Seemed like that was a convenient place to throw junk.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

One place that seems to often be good is under the floor boards of old houses (without basements). Seemed like that was a convenient place to throw junk.

You're giving me flashbacks of that under the pharmacy post a few years back!

Anyway, you're right about that... or under outbuildings or porches, even if the house has a basement.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: permaspooked

Disapear for one night and my thread explodes. lol. Well taking the first three layers off of everything is out of the question, My family would kill me. The property is heavily used for vacation. Ok im gonna try to answer the questions and respond to everything if i dont im sorry and im not ignoring any posts.

Behind the barn is a field with a buffer of overgrown grass and one of those bratt trucks rotting away full of shotgun shells. lol. Finding a dump sounds interesting. If i remeber correctly as a kid me and my cousins would follow a creek a half a mile down stream eventhough we where told not too, Stupid parent rules. Anyways the stream basically cuts throught the ground creating cliffs on the side, basically really steap hills,

I remeber one area where junk and litter was thrown down the side, I believe that was from the neighbors property thow. Could this be one of those dumps? My family burned alot of there trash not sure how long we have been doing that but ever since i could remeber, ancestor could have done the same? My next trim out there i will def do scoutting.

Disappointing to hear farm privys dont yield alot of cool stuff, I really wanna get my hands on a privy.

Kinda like this huh? [:D] Where there are hills and creeks there is (sometimes) bottles

Go into a town for a privy.

F2B53A364F464F9998A148220D784554.jpg

Attachments

• F2B53A364F464F9998A148220D784554.jpg
    F2B53A364F464F9998A148220D784554.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 58

permaspooked

Reaction score
Similiar, steeper and less grass, In the middle of the forest, I wish i could find a privy on Long Island.

mctaggart67

Reaction score
I've had good luck in the past with this, too. Once found several local beers, milks and druggists under the rotting floor boards of an abandoned shack-like house that couldn't have been bigger than 10' x 15'. Also under those powdery boards, I found the bottom part of a 32-ounce local druggist and then the rest of the bottle shattered into a thousand pieces. Still, I was pretty happy with the other finds.

permaspooked

Reaction score
These a local town to me that has history of early settlement with a map from 1909 that shows a house in a location where an abandon house currently sits, Its also next to a swamp, Good source for where people would throw bottles away?

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.