probes

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bigghouse

Reaction score
hi averyone i played with my new probe today and realized its really hard to sink into the ground. is there any technice for using 1? and how easily will finding a privy b i no not that easy.

thanks alot annnnna[:D]

lexdigger

Reaction score
Hey Anna, you may need to modify the tip for your area. The type of tip you want depends on what type of ground you're using it in. Sandy soils are easier to probe. Clay can be as hard as a rock this time of year. It takes some time and patience to find a privy. The larger the area, the longer it will take. One technique that I like to use is diagonal probing. I try to go in all different directions searching for walls. Once you find a wall, getting into the pit is easier. Good Luck! Chris

diggerjeff

Reaction score
sometimes it is better to probe after a rain when the ground is softer. right now where i live it is impossable to probe in some areas because we need rain bad and the ground is hard as a rock. probe at an angle use a back and forth motion a few inches at a time. dont try to push all the way with one stroke.

bigghouse

Reaction score
it rained alot after a 2 month drout, i'll try my luck where the person found those attic bottles.

thanks anna[sm=rolleyes.gif]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL