procrastination.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

Here's one way...

811C529703EA4BCC84B2D8D8782D8C1B.jpg

It takes a set of stones to have one sitting on the shelf like that, not wired or anything. Does it live like that, or were you just teasing us?

Jim G

athometoo

Reaction score
in a situation like that , drill a 1/4 inch hole in the shelf and glue a 3 inch piece of wooden dowel in it . taa daa . i like the bludwine next to it . if you will send those bottles to me i will show you what im talking about . sam

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Don't worry, it's all thought out.. there's a big fluffy pillow on the table right under it.. I didn't include it in the pic cause I didn't want to seem sissy.. I like the dowel idea, but I move them around a lot.

rockbot

Reaction score
This type of bottle was usually served in a tumbler type cup with ice. That way the bottle would remain up right and cool at the same time. You can display it this way. Less the ice.[;)]

Rocky

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Hey Anna,

I thought you were talking about this one:
CobaltSub.jpg
From the Poison Hall.

If I remember correctly, Jim/epackage made some stands for his quart Hutches from plexiglass that looked great and were not too hard to build. Are you gonna show us yer submarine?

yellow_submarine.jpg

YES,YES,YES! "MY FRIENDS ARE ALL ABOARD AND MANY MORE OF THEM LIVE NEXT DOOR" YEE HAA!!![:)]

farmerdan

Reaction score
Hey here's a cheap and easy way that works great. Just pick up some wooden curtain rings and remove the little clips that hang off. Then cut little pieces of self adhesive soft foam weatherstrip, and apply them inside the ring where the bottle makes contact. These will actually mold themselves to the bottle to hold it nicely.

100_0587.jpg

and..."VOILA"

100_0589.jpg

One ring works perfect for roundbottoms, but for torpedoes, you may need to make a "double stack" using some wood glue.

100_0588.jpg

Hope it helps! [:)]
-Farmerdan

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1