Professionally Restored, would you buy for this much money?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

goodman1966

Reaction score
I'm with you! No way! I would rather have a bottle with a small amount of damage, but original, than to have it "restored" !

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hello, Not only the cop looks tacky!! All the paint looks tacky to me..... I would not touch this as I don't see anything professionally restored on this bottle, IMO...... Kevin....

PoisonBottleGuy

Reaction score
Professionally repaired? Hahah. It looks like a blind man colored this with sharpie after 3 cups of coffee..

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Is it me or is there an extra lot of crap on ebay right now? "Expertly repaired" via crayon and colored marker bottles, everything from 1890 on getting shoved through irradiation equipment, mis-identified bottles, etc. I'm getting to the point where, on every colored ink, I'm looking at the seller's other stuff before even putting it on my watch list. If s/he's got other odd colored stuff, I'm assuming it's been tampered with and passing it by. Jim G

splante

Reaction score
IMHO restored means no longer original......

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Bad news bottle experts................................the cop's not repainted.So Kevin, you seem to be an expert, tell me where the problem lies?

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hello OsiaBoyce, First of all I am no expert !!!! I offered my opinion as several other members also offered their opinions. All we have are pictures to view and I gave my honest opinion based on the pictures. What information do you have to add to help JohnDeereMoxie that was asking for advise on this bottle that you can share with us to educate us all since we are all shooting blanks ? It seems to me if you would have directed your knowledge to answering his question instead of wasting your knowledge insulting me I would not be replying to your post!!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen