Professionally Restored, would you buy for this much money?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
My information.............................I ask the seller about the repairs.Insulted? You seem to be an expert as you see ALL the flaws w/ this restoration job, but really you did not. In fact I'd wager if the seller had not mentioned it had not been 'restored' you would not have seen anything wrong w/ said bottle. So now tell me where the restoration lies. Oh yea, what do you mean by 'tacky'?

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score
lblackvelvet said:
Hello OsiaBoyce, First of all I am no expert !!!! I offered my opinion as several other members also offered their opinions. All we have are pictures to view and I gave my honest opinion based on the pictures. What information do you have to add to help JohnDeereMoxie that was asking for advise on this bottle that you can share with us to educate us all since we are all shooting blanks ? It seems to me if you would have directed your knowledge to answering his question instead of wasting your knowledge insulting me I would not be replying to your post!!

Gonna agree with Kevin hear, no need for a pissing contest. If you have nothing to add for information then don't add anything at all. This forum is friendly and full of people with great info not for people to insult each other. Osia it is a good idea to contact the seller when concerned with repairs. I looked at it quick, posted, then looked at it again and to me it does look like sharpie. That is my opinion. No further discussion on my part.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Here's what I see from just the zoom feature. COP THE CREAM looks unusually lumpy and a lot of the blue looks too dark, almost black. I only zoomed on one picture though. That's just my opinion.Since the original question was would I pay that much, the answer is no. Of coarse, I wouldn't want it in the first place so that opinion doesn't matter either.How's them apples?

andy volkerts

Reaction score
good apples, I agree the cop looks overpainted with a blue felt pen, but then again I don't collect milk bottles , so that would be a resounding NO!!

epackage

Reaction score
Bottle has been repainted/markered in many areas, poorly I might add, the sharp edges to the lettering you expect to find on the acl just isn't there. You can even see through some if it and see the styrofoam beads. It's been relisted for $60, I think you would have to be A SUCKER to pay that for it, they might have had better lucky leaving it as it was....

epackage

Reaction score
Here's what the seller just sent me.... Dear epackage02,
[id="ecxrole_document"]
HI JIM, ALL THE LETTERING WAS DONE IN ENAMEL PAINT SO IT WOULD LOOK UNIFORM. DONE BY EXPERT IN SIGN PAINTING, GREAT FOR HARD TO GET COP THANKS

In a message dated 1/23/2014 5:11:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen