Program/app for mapping and overlays?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Newtothiss

Reaction score
I need it to have a PLSS setting/option and has to be able to accept multiple user uploads of maps/data/files, the option for multiple overlays per image would be sweet too!

Anyone know of something?

willong

Reaction score
I need it to have a PLSS setting/option and has to be able to accept multiple user uploads of maps/data/files, the option for multiple overlays per image would be sweet too!

Anyone know of something?
You might want to post your query to Digging and Finding thread as well as General Chat as bottle diggers, who are more likely to use maps themselves, will congregate there.

mrcure had posted on that subject in the D&F thread back in October; see Does Anyone Have a Need for Map Overlays or Custom Maps?

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Dunno if a category change is possible?

I will message mrcure.
Thanks.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I don't know about PLSS but I use Google Earth Pro for overlays. It's a bit clunky but it's free and it does the job.

willong

Reaction score
I don't know about PLSS but I use Google Earth Pro for overlays. It's a bit clunky but it's free and it does the job.
Third-party developers offer utilities that will superimpose PLSS* grids down to at least sections, and aliquots for some areas, upon Google Earth Pro imagery.

* Public Land Survey System (I don't know what the equivalent mapping was called in Canada. I believe the British equivalent--an differently-purposed antecedent actually--is the Ordnance Survey.)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen