Project complete

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Buffalo Hunter

Reaction score
I finished my little project on the Buffalo Girls of Mecklenburg,County, Va. and hope it will be shared soon to anyone interested in the bottles.

In my research I found a blurb that referenced Santa Anna was supposed to have once visited the Buffalo Lithia Springs Hotel (home to the bottled water). The author had no addittional details. Today I found the following on a Texas web page: "At the beginning of the Mexican War, Santa Anna entered into negotiations with President James K. Polk. He offered the possibility of a negotiated settlement to the United States and was permitted to enter Mexico through the American blockade. Once in the country he rallied resistance to the foreign invaders. As commanding officer in the northern campaign he lost the battle of Buena Vista in February 1847, returned to Mexico City, reorganized the demoralized government, and turned east to be defeated by Winfield S. Scott's forces at Cerro Gordo. Secret negotiations with Scott failed, and when Mexico City was captured, Santa Anna retired to exile."

I also found today the original guest register for Buffalo Lithia Springs Hotel for 1851-1858, Winfield Scott's name is reported to appear on page 1 and Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna on page 126. I will be making arrangements to veiw the document, mean time sure looks like I found that Santa Anna actually did visit the hotel and why.

Buffalo Hunter

Reaction score
Here's my project.

C82FFDC561234AFD9EF01EBA004D5156.jpg

Attachments

• C82FFDC561234AFD9EF01EBA004D5156.jpg
    C82FFDC561234AFD9EF01EBA004D5156.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 57

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics