Psychology of collecting

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

opmustard

Reaction score
Y
Bass fishing and a 9…. Your speaking MY language! It’s been good this year- because the fish are so close together, I think…. They are suicidal and just jump in the boat! We didn’t keep any of those bad boys, but our friend likes to go out ther with us and always limits. We just got new downriggers and don’t know what we are doing yet, but there are land locked salmon and sturgeon in that puddle which was a lake.
d3c3582ca05b60e3b5706c9d7a166c1f.jpg

That’s just sad! I’m glad we didn’t buy that cabin across and up on the left in the trees, last year. Lake access only- would be 1 hell of a treck, carrying everything!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You got it, bass fishing & 9 or 223.
I mostly do catch and release. One of our rivers is spring fed and it remains about 72 degrees through the Winter (average daytime is 74 degress.) So fishing is fantasic here in the late Fall through the end of April/May.
What happened to above pictured area?
Your walk would quite the trek especially for water front property.
opmustard

opmustard

Reaction score
As much as I can. I went 5:30am yesterday down to the shark River. I caught 6 fish ate my lunch on the jetty and was home by 2pm.
I'm only 45 minutes away. I can do this and have before many times everyday.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
What did you catch? Lunch on river sounds great.
I have a similar stitution, about 5 minutes to the boat ramp and two really good fishing rivers. You can fish any part of the river and catch a lot of different fish (you need a boat, all the land is privately owned.)
I just wish my health was better so I could more often.
My fishing neighbor who has a great bass boat moved up North.
Now, I am debating on buying a boat for myself, wife and any neighbors who want to go fishing or just go out.
This time of the year Florida is just too hot to fish during the day. So, night fishing or very early morning fishing is way we deal with the heat.
opmustard

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
What did you catch? Lunch on river sounds great.
I have a similar stitution, about 5 minutes to the boat ramp and two really good fishing rivers. You can fish any part of the river and catch a lot of different fish (you need a boat, all the land is privately owned.)
I just wish my health was better so I could more often.
My fishing neighbor who has a great bass boat moved up North.
Now, I am debating on buying a boat for myself, wife and any neighbors who want to go fishing or just go out.
This time of the year Florida is just too hot to fish during the day. So, night fishing or very early morning fishing is way we deal with the heat.
opmustard
Even up here the heat at noon on the jetty can be too much for me. Besides that the bite usually turns off by then anyway. They won't let you night fish where I am. I got a bluefish, a couple of small sandsharks. They are always bitting, skate which I can't stand catching. They try to pull you into the rocks. Black fish and the black sea bass both too small. Out of season on the blackfish. I could go out on a boat and get some fluke. They seem to be bitting, I just didn't run into any this trip. I do like the morning.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

opmustard

Reaction score
Even up here the heat at noon on the jetty can be too much for me. Besides that the bite usually turns off by then anyway. They won't let you night fish where I am. I got a bluefish, a couple of small sandsharks. They are always bitting, skate which I can't stand catching. They try to pull you into the rocks. Black fish and the black sea bass both too small. Out of season on the blackfish. I could go out on a boat and get some fluke. They seem to be bitting, I just didn't run into any this trip. I do like the morning.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
I also like to fish early. The fish bite best in the early morning or late afternoon and into the night when it gets really hot.
Don't care for skate myself. Black Seabass are a favorite with me.
Same thing in the Winter, only the fish will bite all day and the air temp is around 73-75 degrees.
I grew up in Hawai'i and used to fish all day (saltwater only.) Used to catch fish for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Same in Cal, but different fish.
Being born in Japan, fish are a huge part of our diet.
opmustard

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Huge areas of bank exposed! Did it fill back up this year?

Yes, it was just about to the top, last year- it was 20’ from the top when they were freaking out, saying just the snow melt could fill it to the point that they couldn’t control it and there would be possible uncontrolled flooding, all the way to Sacramento and Bay Area. And having a boat with that “new boat” smell on it, I was on the water every minute I could be, till now, even. So I watched them SELL the water in the lake that my grandpa was an engineer of- to So Cal. People build in the desert and want our water, at a price…. Now they want to raise the dam/damned lake by 8’. Ok, what about that 100’ wall of water they were talking about, if Shasta dam breaks, on us, all the way to Sacramento? I guess washed away is washed away, even if it were 8’ taller! They will only sell it, anyway. I’m thinking I want out of Cali! But I love this place-but the bs and politics? No, I’m thinking I need to move! Money does some weird stuff to some, especially in those circles.

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
Y

You got it, bass fishing & 9 or 223.
I mostly do catch and release. One of our rivers is spring fed and it remains about 72 degrees through the Winter (average daytime is 74 degress.) So fishing is fantasic here in the late Fall through the end of April/May.
What happened to above pictured area?
Your walk would quite the trek especially for water front property.
opmustard

Those A-holes in Sacramento decided to sell the water. (To Los Angeles and really everyone south of here, in 1 year.
355ee0b76965d29f546ef8b751e3c2a2.jpg

Picture is from last year.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen