Dr. Craigs Questions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ktbi

Reaction score
Craig's don't come up very often. You have a nice one. This is from Warner's Safe Cure Blog:
http://warnerssafeblog.wordpress.com/category/craigs-kidney-cure/

1879 Following his recovery from Bright’s Disease, Warner purchases the rights to Dr. Charles Craig’s Kidney Cure and promptly begins to market it as Warner’s Safe Kidney & Liver Cure. In addition, he offers four other products: Safe Pills, Safe Nervine, Safe Bitters and Safe Diabetes Cure. The company operates initially out of a building on Exhange Street in downtown Rochester.

I picked up two of them on eBay a couple years ago. Yours is a different variant from mine. Are you interested in selling it? Ron

Blade: Interested in selling the Sparks???

539DF692967641A8B93AA1A6ACC74FA0.jpg

Attachments

• 539DF692967641A8B93AA1A6ACC74FA0.jpg
    539DF692967641A8B93AA1A6ACC74FA0.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 60

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
A friend of mine found the version with the embossed lungs while diving once.

I think those are embossed kidneys (its on the kidney cure). That is probably the most desirable (but not rarest) one.

Danw886

Reaction score
I’m sure I know my answer, but if these bottles are already uncommon/rare, how unlikely is it to find one with the original label 100% intact and the original cork still in it with some dried residue in the bottle?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I’m sure I know my answer, but if these bottles are already uncommon/rare, how unlikely is it to find one with the original label 100% intact and the original cork still in it with some dried residue in the bottle?
Yours has a good chance of being the only one in existence, assuming you didn't buy it from someone who had just discovered a whole case of them. Even a labeled Warner's won't be a common find. Sounds like you've got a great find on your hands!

Danw886

Reaction score
Yours has a good chance of being the only one in existence, assuming you didn't buy it from someone who had just discovered a whole case of them. Even a labeled Warner's won't be a common find. Sounds like you've got a great find on your hands!
I found it in the 1980’s stuffed in the ceiling in the basement bathroom in my house as a kid. The house was built in the 1840’s. I put it in a safe and forgot about it until a few weeks ago when my dad passed…

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I found it in the 1980’s stuffed in the ceiling in the basement bathroom in my house as a kid. The house was built in the 1840’s. I put it in a safe and forgot about it until a few weeks ago when my dad passed…
I'm sorry to hear about your dad! Good thinking for you to put it in the safe as a kid, that will likely have preserved the label a lot better than would have happened otherwise. That bottle is a real prize.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide