Public or private?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JGUIS

Reaction score
Looks like I cut the closeup of the last 4 beer/soda off. It was Ohio Brewing Co. Cols, OH a Coke Pat. D, a Coke 51-58(I know)[;)] and an amber ss Coke Cols, OH. All of the sodas were top finds except the Mulo. All the meds were dug except 2.

Bottleman

Reaction score
That is a tough question. From my experience, I found that newer dumps (1920+) have melted bottles in them so I usually just dig really deep to hit the un-melted goodies under that age. Also, the farm privies I have dug seem to be empty because of the fact that they had a place to dump and they would toss the bottles there instead of the pooper. I personally would dig both but I would hit the farm dump harder and try to find the bottom. To me it’s a no brainier, 1930s city dump or pre 1900s bottles. I would defiantly start with the older location first.

~~Tom

JGUIS

Reaction score
But I have found pieces of things from around 1890, but there are 2 things bad about the dump. It's been picked for years, and sometime in the 70's, they dozed everything around. If I could find the heart and dig to it, things could turn out good. The fact that it occupies mainly the top of a hill, makes it hard to look for a hole, and I can't find anything listing dump info in local records.

JGUIS

Reaction score
Went back to the dump today and found some deeper spots, with nothing old in them. Found another Hicks Capudine, and a newer Capudine. I think I'm done with this spot, the section I checked today has been burned. I dug 4'X6'X3' deep today, never hit the bottom of ashes and worthless bottles. Every size imaginable brown Clorox, and screw top medicine and whiskey. This hole was about 10' down a steep bank, and the consistency of glass and loamy ash is almost equal, making good footing difficult. The Hicks is about the oldest thing I've seen, and they're too common to care about. Off to the farm dumps. Anyone wanna dig Perry county? Grab a shovel.[:D]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday