PUCE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
I have always had a hard time getting a handle on what the color of a bottle PUCE is...have a better idea since I have seen RICK'S EAGLE FLASK..though it looks like light pink to me...I used to think puce was used by people for any bottle that they didn't know the color of... "NEVER SEEN THIS COLOR..WHAT IS IT"? "PUCE" though it would appear to be a green shade..amber..whatever ![:D] JAMIE

NHkeith

Reaction score
here is a bottle Earlyglass (mike George) has on ebay right now. he has it called puce:

Its a reddish/pink/brown

$T2eC16RHJGYE9nooh75vBSYG()bckQ~~60_57.JPG

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Puce is the French word for flea. The color is said to be the color of the bloodstains remaining on linen or bedsheets, even after being laundered, from a flea's droppings or after a flea has been killed.
FROM and wikipedia is always correct.
In this case I kind of agree.

sandchip

Reaction score
Lots 134 and 137 in American Glass Gallery's current auction are good examples of it to my eyes. Seems that most folks find it tough to photograph, because the the pink/red tones seems to disappear. Of course, Rick has it down to a fine art. Ought to be giving photography lessons.[:D]

epackage

Reaction score
PUCE....

http://www.peachridgeglass.com/2012/11/what-is-puce-or-pooce-as-some-call-it/

bostaurus

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

Puce is the French word for flea. The color is said to be the color of the bloodstains remaining on linen or bedsheets, even after being laundered, from a flea's droppings or after a flea has been killed.
I always thought that puce was a ugly sounding word...after learning of it's origins I really don't like the sound of it.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bostaurus

ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

I always thought that puce was a ugly sounding word...after learning of it's origins I really don't like the sound of it.

thats cuz you are thinking of puke ! when you say it lol

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter