Pumpkinseeds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ryan

Reaction score
I recently came across a couple pumpkinseed flasks. I know they are usually killer bottles if they have embossing, of course these don't have embossing [:(] but one does have a circular slug plate sort of thing where maybe a label would go...

Anyways I was just curious if anyone cares about these, are they worth anything without embossing?

Thanks for any help!

-Ryan

Attachments

• Xu62780.jpg
    Xu62780.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 55

Ryan

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't embed the picture, here it is again...

Ki18134.jpg

Attachments

• Ki18134.jpg
    Ki18134.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 68

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Ryan,
Clear, unembossed Pumpkinseed's don't command a high monetary value. $4.00 or $5.00 tops of what I have seen on E-bay. Color will bump them up a notch or two. I personally think a Pumpkinseed of any kind is a neat little bottle. I only have one. A beautiful emerald green that I was lucky enough to dig up unscathed. It is one of my favorite display bottles. Nice finds! [;)] Happy Diggin, Kelley

Ryan

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Kelley, that's kind of what I was thinking as far as price, just wanted to make sure. I think they're neat too, and so many must have been broken as thin as the glass is. Your green one sounds like a really killer piece, I've never heard of such a thing!

Thanks again for the help,

-Ryan

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Ryan,
Here's a picture of my little darlin. ( I feel like a proud Grandpa showing off his Grandkid [:D] ) If you like pumpkinseeds, check out a previous post by fellow member "kharrar". Talk about a beauty! Happy Diggin, Kelley

Om33413.jpg

Attachments

• Om33413.jpg
    Om33413.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 59

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hi Ryan, Those are a good base to start your punk'n seed flask collection on! I have not dug one yet but have bought a "few"$3-$18.00 . I included a shot of a couple of different variants you might find interesting... one is amber, the small clear one is embossed with a star and original label dated oct 11, 1897, the other two have a spider web design, one has a clock face that reads 12 minutes till 5 ahhhhh happy hour lol the other spider web is a light green about the only one I ever saw till viewing gunsmokes! Wow super bottle... Taz

Ryan

Reaction score
Wow, that is one beautiful flask! Hard to believe how deep the color is. Did that come out of Texas?

Those are neat embossing patterns too Taz, thanks to you both for sharing, I've seen very few variations of the pumpkinseeds (till now that is!).

I've never dug one myself either (course I've only actually dug a few bottles total anyways); these are from a collection I recently purchased...

Now when I go digging I'll be hoping to find the long lost twin of that gorgeous green one...

-Ryan

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen