Purple Coca Cola bottle nuked?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Thanks cobaltbot it is in great condition as well. It is definitely a Coca Cola bottle not sure what the other guy is talking about. I believe he is confusing this bottle with the Fruit Juice ten pin from Norfolk VA.

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: atticfinds

Thanks cobaltbot it is in great condition as well. It is definitely a Coca Cola bottle not sure what the other guy is talking about. I believe he is confusing this bottle with the Fruit Juice ten pin from Norfolk VA.

No, I'm not confusing it w/ the 'Fruit Juice' bottle............................your bottle, the one in being discussed never held 'Coca Cola'. It is a product bottle from the Coca Cola Bottling Works as stated on the bottle.

Ya see, it's easy to figure out............'Coca Cola' is not in script. Now I know your're not going to belive what I say, after all you have had some Va. 'Coke' collector tell ya something to the affect that it is some rare bottle the held 'Coca Cola'....................but it aint.

When I got my four bottles like yours many years ago I really thought I had something, then after showing them to 'Coke' collectors who were much more knowledgeable than myself I found out the truth. Over the years I have sold em' for around $20.00 a piece...............not the thousands I had dreamed of.

So if it's not to much trouble, can you tell us how you know it's '..definitely a Coca Cola bottle........', if I'm wrong I'll own up to it.

956C0A7C8780427680E34DCBE528B3F1.jpg

Attachments

• 956C0A7C8780427680E34DCBE528B3F1.jpg
    956C0A7C8780427680E34DCBE528B3F1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 62

februarystarskc

Reaction score
OsaiBoyce knows what he is talking about. The non-script cokes were soda water or flavor bottles. Check out this article.

http://www.angelfire.com/pop2/collectorscorner/flavorbott.html

celerycola

Reaction score
Even some of the script bottles were for soda water instead of Coca-Cola. Hutches with script Coca-Cola from Birmingham, Bessemer, and Jasper were soda water bottles. A number of Coke bottlers in the 1920's used a straight side script bottle for soda water and the hobble skirt bottle for Coca-Cola.
ORIGINAL: februarystarskc

OsaiBoyce knows what he is talking about. The non-script cokes were soda water or flavor bottles. Check out this article.

http://www.angelfire.com/pop2/collectorscorner/flavorbott.html

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Sure thing guys I will admit that I do not know what I am talking about I apologize. The only thing is my dad sold his about a year ago for three hundred on ebay. Once again I did not mean to offend, and Osia I hope you will not be mad at me sincerely.

celerycola

Reaction score
I've not seen one of these Norfolk ten pins undamaged. The Indian Rock ten pins with Coca-Cola go for big prices and this one may be as scarce from what I've seen. The bottles with script Coca-Cola just seem to be more popular.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Go with "scarce" kid it will make you feel better[:D] Besides,the price jumped from 15 bucks to 20 in a matter of minutes [8D]

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Okay I am not trying to prove anyone wrong or be the all knowing bottle guy. Osia I do believe that Coca cola was not in this bottle. Here is the one my dad sold on ebay a while back it brought $305. I am not good with computers so I do not know how to link. I googled Coca cola ten pin bottle and it located it. Click on www.holidays.net/.../Coca Cola Bottling-works-Ten-Pin-Purple Amethyst. Just click on the one that says for sale and it takes you to ebay listing where it sold so that is why I disagree with price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc