Purple Coca Cola bottle nuked?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Sorry it did not work, I have to go to work If you guys look on google you will see it.

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Mad? At you? Why? I just like getting things correct. Not saying ya don't have a nice bottle, you do.

In fact it's the best one I've ever seen. All the ones I had were beat all to hell as were the ones I have seen. From the way I heard it they were found during a hiway job.

Some people have a hard time w/ reading comprehension especially when it comes to pricing.........................did ya note I did not give price specific, but in generalities..............................some people can't grasp the difference or the concept. To dumb to even tell time, then it's about what I'd expect.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: atticfinds

Okay I am not trying to prove anyone wrong or be the all knowing bottle guy. Osia I do believe that Coca cola was not in this bottle. Here is the one my dad sold on ebay a while back it brought $305. I am not good with computers so I do not know how to link. I googled Coca cola ten pin bottle and it located it. Click on www.holidays.net/.../Coca Cola Bottling-works-Ten-Pin-Purple Amethyst. Just click on the one that says for sale and it takes you to ebay listing where it sold so that is why I disagree with price.
I have no idea why you linked a holiday website, what's your dads username on Ebay, I'll add the correct link for you?

FitSandTic

Reaction score
I was able to find this on google. This is the bottle my dad sold and I want to say that I do not know what this bottle held. I only disagree with the value put on the bottle. This could be a one time thing but the bottle did sell for $305. You can see why I was confused with the $15 dollar value given on it. As before I apologize for questioning the knowledge given as what the bottle contained.

5D98E138578D40CCA11D92DE88164F73.jpg

Attachments

• 5D98E138578D40CCA11D92DE88164F73.jpg
    5D98E138578D40CCA11D92DE88164F73.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 67

FitSandTic

Reaction score
For the record I never said it was a rare bottle. I said I was told it could be a tough one to find.

AlexD

Reaction score
I don't mean to butt in or cause any trouble. I had a box scripted Straight Sided a long time ago that was unopened with the original cap. The liquid inside was a deep blackish color and fizzed when shaken, and the cap had a faded, rusted over cap that read "Coca-Cola". I'm not saying it did or didn't hold Coke, it could,ve been something else.[8|] It appears to have been from around the 20's and possibly may have had a label that fell off (I had pasted a repo label on it). If you are interested in selling it, I would recommend listing it with the same title as the one your dad used. I had seen that listing when it was for sale, it did very good in my thoughts. Right now the Amethyst Cokes are pretty popular, and the Ten Pin style is, well, not of the usual to put it that way. I typically try to avoid the box scripted ones myself, this one was different* I don't think I'd be interested in buying anymore, though it's still quite nice. [:)]

551858d1332453776-unopened-straight-sided-clear-glass-coke-bottle-005.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AlexD
If you are interested in selling it, I would recommend listing it with the same title as the one your dad used. I had seen that listing when it was for sale, it did very good in my thoughts. Right now the Amethyst Cokes are pretty popular, and the Ten Pin style is, well, not of the usual to put it that way. I typically try to avoid the box scripted ones myself, this one was different* I don't think I'd be interested in buying anymore, though it's still quite nice. [:)]
In my opinion, if he's looking to sell it, he should contact the 2nd place bidder from his dad's auction and offer it to him at his high bid...[;)]

AlexD

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

ORIGINAL: AlexD
If you are interested in selling it, I would recommend listing it with the same title as the one your dad used. I had seen that listing when it was for sale, it did very good in my thoughts. Right now the Amethyst Cokes are pretty popular, and the Ten Pin style is, well, not of the usual to put it that way. I typically try to avoid the box scripted ones myself, this one was different* I don't think I'd be interested in buying anymore, though it's still quite nice. [:)]
In my opinion, if he's looking to sell it, he should contact the 2nd place bidder from his dad's auction and offer it to him at his high bid...[;)]

That's a good idea too, if he's still interested! [;)]

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Thanks guys I usually end up trading my soda pop bottles for things I like. A buddy of mine has a nice snuff that I liked at Baltimore and he collects coca cola bottles. He told me to take the snuff with me and we could work something out. I told him to keep the snuff and I will talk to him at Harrisonburg when I set up. If not I am sure I will be able to get a few bucks for it from him.

Bird Dog

Reaction score
Looks like it coulda had ginger ale or grape or orange soda water in it. Its nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnymanty