Qt. Whiskey

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

wvbottlehead

Reaction score
Figured somebody would know who made this one; it's a machine made whiskey - earlier I guess because it purpled real well, on the bottom is CAPACITY ONE FULL QUART. With R over G in the center. Only thing I could find that comes close is Root glass co. or Rhodes glass but I don't think their marks are like this ...

Qo41465.jpg

Picture reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Qo41465.jpg
    Qo41465.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 91

BottleArchaeologist

Reaction score
Don't know who made it but I can tell you this.......

It is an owens machine made bottle and has the tell tale owen's scar (suction scar) on the base. If it is sun colored amethyst it will date before 1918. I put the date range at 1905-1918.

Scott
Historical Archaeologist

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Only similar initials from that time frame are:

R.G.& B.CO...............Rhodes Glass & Bottle Company, Massillon, OH. (1901-c.1919). This mark and the following variation is seen rather frequently on bases of amber and aqua beer bottles from cities in OH, PA, IN, MI, WI, and MD that I am aware of, and probably other states as well. An obscure company which is virtually unknown to bottle collectors, nevertheless quite a number of bottles were manufactured over a period of almost two decades. The name of the company seems to have changed slightly at some unknown time during it's history, with the "&" being omitted. Perhaps future research will shed more light on this firm.
R.G.B.CO.........Same as above. Presumably a variation of the above mark.
R.G.CO.................Root Glass Company, Terre Haute, IN (1901-1932). Mark used by Root in the early years (1901-c.1909). Toulouse stated these initials stood for Renton Glass Company, Renton, WA (1907-1911). However, the "R.G.CO." mark which was used by Renton likely appears only on certain bottles from the West Coast. I do not believe any of the midwestern bottles seen with the "R.G.CO." marking originate from Renton.

(info taken from a website about bottle marks).

David E

Reaction score
There is a R & Co 1879 to 1888 Roth & Co San Fran CA.
also another R & Co 1880 to 1900 (techniques) on export beers unknown company.
Toulouse

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey