Sixteen Unknown Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dekuyper

Reaction score
2vtpm6e.jpg
This is my set from a local antique shop. I got them all ranging from 2-5 dollars. One : Unlabeled, Nothing on the bottom. Seam rises to the neck. I assume worthless. 8"Two : Embossed 'WARRENTED FULL QUART' in a square. Machine Made. 9 1/2"Three : My favorite, from France.Neck : 'ANJOU IMPORT INCGENERAL AGENTSBORDEAUX WINE.' On the main label, It has a picture of a castle and says ; CHATEAU LA RIVIÈRÈ which I believe means something along the lines of 'Castle and River.' In the center it has a castle. There is a blank space above it which says : leres CÔTES DEFRONSAC1926Then says Product of FranceA.E. BALLUTEAUD At the very bottom, it says Imported by MORRISON & CO (of N.Y.)16 Pearl Street, New-York. Sorry for the rambling, I can't find anything about the bottle. It is a cork top and the seam goes up to the neck. It is a paper label. 10" Four : A milk that says One Pint Liquid. There is no sticker and the bottom is faded, I am guessing it is also worthless.Five : Aqua color, the seam comes to the neck and fades right before the top.Six : Small and peculiar. Screw on, seam goes to the top. 3"Seven : Aqua color. Says 'The Potter' at the very top before the neck begins. On the other side, it says Parlin.Co. It has a cork and says 'E2' on the bottom. 5"Eight : Brown. I assume from Italy, it is tied with rope and has a 'State of Maryland Wine Excise Tax' stamp on the side. Very interesting. It says something that I can not read on the bottom. 4 1/2"Nine : Embossed 'Registered Full 1/2 Pint' with nothing on the bottom. Seam rises to the neck and stops. 6 1/2"Ten : 3" Aqua color bottle. Seam goes to just below the cork. Eleven : I don't think it is worth mentioning. 4" with a vase shape.Twelve : Johnnie Walker Red Label. Blended Scotch Whiskey (with half inside) State of Maryland Liquor Excise Tax, 1/10 pint. Almost 5"Thirteen : Embros California Sherry Wine. Bottled by Miglioretti Bros, Baltimore MD. Alcohol 20% by vol. Contents 2 FL. OZ. Has the State of Maryland Wine Excise Tax, Cork still intact. 3 1/2"Fourteen : Aqua colored. All it says is RUMFORD. 5"Fifteen : One side says PIK - RON Trademark. The other side says WOLFF & RANDOLPH PHILADELPHIA. 5" and has a strong smell, like Vicks Vapor Rub. 5"Sixteen : Not identifiable but very cool. A tiny medicine, only 2" If anyone has an information on them or needs some more pictures, please tell me! I really would like to identify these.

botlguy

Reaction score
#1. Sauce or some such. $1-2 maybe#2. Whiskey $3-4#3. Wine. Worth more to you just about anybody. May have much more value to specialty collector#4. As said, Milk $1- 1#5. Ammonia $1#6. Food or possibly salve type. $.25 - .50#7. Probably medicine but not listed in Knapp. $2 - 3#8. Cheap Italian or Spanish wine. Value varies as to use. Bottle collector minus $1#9. Same as #210. Ink $2 - 311. Barrel mustard $2 - 312. As described. Worth half of a full bottle, pretty good booze13. As described Worth more to a crafty person than a bottle collector. $5 (?)14. Chemical / drug type $2 - 315. Medicine / Chemical type $3-4 maybe16. Medicine $1 or less The above is just an old fart's evaluation. Jim

Dekuyper

Reaction score
Alright, haha. I have no intent on selling them, I bought most of them (except the miniature liquors and the french wine) because my young brother kept chanting that they would all look good up for display and was just wondering if any actually were slightly worth while. Thank you, botlguy. [:D]

sunrunner

Reaction score
I'll confirm what Botlguy has said, throw ,one. four , five, and six I would have given you for free.

coreya

Reaction score
[:D]That was a great description and post and should be a model for people asking questions about bottles! Also a nice little start of a collection.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese