Quack cure or ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

atdadump

Reaction score
We've hit this farm dump in the Poconos area where we live and found several half decent blobs and some pottery jugs. The dump was off an old railroad bed and bulldozed onto a pile away from the bank possibly to clean up what would be an eye sore. I'd say 99% of the stuff is from the 40's and 50's so it hard to keep digging there. We 're trying to finish it up to get it off our backs. There is some local milks and some old blobs mixed in here and there. Dick Yuengling and Kaiers blobs are showing up and a nice Peter Yannes from Wilkes Barre are some of the finds. One particular Med or misc. showed up I found interesting. Has anyone in the group ever dug or have any information on this bottle.

272D302D949048C4AE3FD8894F855C46.jpg

Attachments

• 272D302D949048C4AE3FD8894F855C46.jpg
    272D302D949048C4AE3FD8894F855C46.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 72

welddigger

Reaction score
i've never seen it before but it's a cool pa. medicine,did you come across any green lane, or perkiomenville bottles???

atdadump

Reaction score
I have two bottles that were given to me by a close friend who I go ice fishing with. One is a clear crown and the other is an aqua squat blob. The friend lives near Green Lane and most likely has the largest collection of green lane bottles in the area.

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
nice bottle. i guess whatever was in it made you glad. [:D]

so what are these perkiomenville bottles worth?

Matt.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Steve, The Oil Of Gladness bottles are listed in Matt Knapp's {GuntherHess} book American Antique Medicine Bottles . The aqua is listed at $9 and the clear at $22.

Hey Matt, It depends on how she rubs it on ya.

atdadump

Reaction score
Green Lane or Perkioming seem to hit around $35-50 at the bottle shows depending on color and rarity. I have the run of the mill bottle books, Kovels,Polak,Megura and Cleveland. Is this GuntherHess book alot more advanced or revised than the ones I have, Where can I get one?

Bottleman

Reaction score
Atdadump, I often dig the Moyer’s from Bloomsburg around here. They are pretty common but come with all different kinds of embossing and different shapes. Sometimes you can get up to $15 for the different varieties. You said you were digging Kaiers bottles and I was wonder if you had found any emerald green hutches or blobs from the brewery?

~~Tom

atdadump

Reaction score
My digging partner hit the streak with most of the blobs in one small area. I know he found one emerald green blob from Kaiers, but i think it had some damage. I know it wasn't mint. If i get over to his house I'll post a picture. I don't think he would part with it either way. Is there colored Dick Yuenglings around other than clear or aqua?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vladlitski