Question.........

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I think I might spend the extra money on a Garrett. They look easier to use than the whites I've looked at. LOL Well Thanks again!

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Right now I'm bidding on a Garrett Master Hunter CXIII for $76.00. Does anyone know what these are worth?

David E

Reaction score
Bryan I have bought the almost top of the line for Garrett and Whites which I consider the best. Had to sell my Whites Spec.
as it was getting too heavy for me. But any of the Garrett GTA
are also good. Bought my whites years ago, used and never did have a problem. Try this company I liked it.
Dave

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/indexmain.htm

JohnRoy

Reaction score
Bryan,
Oddly enough, I bid and won a Bounty Hunter on Ebay. It has worked surprisingly well thus far. If you have not bought anything yet, it does work reasonably well. It has been really good at finding coins. -John

cb0023

Reaction score
the most important thing to remember is to STAY OUT OF WALMART!! LOL

gatorman

Reaction score
Hey David E this is Gatorman, Maybe you should look at the Troy shadow X3 and X5 they are more but I have a shadow X5. I hunt in competition hunts all day long and go out to hunt sites and barely notice the weight in my hands. DiggerBryan I would say it all depends on what you plan on hunting for relics, jewerly,coins, gold nuggets and where like ground or water too. If I was to start all over again I would start out slow like a Garret treasure ace 250 for about $200.00. Now I have a friend that is going to place some of his extra machines up for sale on ebay. Garret GTX 1500 for $300.00 and Garret GTX 2500 Top of the line with graphic imaging for $500.00. Killer deals with extra's too. Any one interested email me at gatorman1@sbcglobal.net

Yooper14

Reaction score
I have a Bounty Hunter, I'm sure similar to what you looked at. I call it my "radio Shack Special!" It worked great for two years while I was inthe South Pacific...it helped me find many WWII relics. But I upgraded to a Tesoro DeLeon when I returned. Super easy to use (compared to Whites or Fischer), and if you look in the right places, you can get them for just a little more than the Bountyhunter. The BH will work, but you'll likely miss a lot...there's not much you can do with it except tell that there's metal in the ground. I'd look up one of the dealers over at thetreasuredepot.com. GREAT gus over there...I bought mine from a guy who goes by the call-sign DOUG-IOWA. He'll sell you a fine 'tector. I LOVE my Tesoro!!!
Yooper

youngpup

Reaction score
I have a cheap $200 metal detector from radioshack and i've been finding lots of stuff...rings, coins, even a pistol that my one friend lost. They're fun and easy to use. I recommend to start cheap and if you like it...by a better more expensive model.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson