Questions on Pat. 70,281 | B-1 Lemon-Lime | Lime Cola

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

23baseball3

Reaction score
EDIT: Okay, my pictures didn't work. Help please?

Here's 1/3 that I can't find anything about out of 6 new bottles that I got.

I didn't want to confuse or unintentionally halt the awesome thread that SPB has started, so I will just post my own. I have honestly gotten lost in the thread so I hope I'm not backtracking or going over something that we've already covered. That's why I made this.

What I know about MY bottle:

-6 fl. oz.
-NOT affiliated with Coca-Cola (may need confirmed)
-Patent 70,281 LINK
-Made by Chattanooga Glass Company
-Sold as a Soda Water bottle by Crockery City Ice & Products Co. of East Liverpool, Ohio
-Name Webber's comes from Ambrose E. Webber who took over the company in 1923.
-From the ( C ) logo on the bottom, the bottle was made in 1927 or later.

But,

My bottle has stars on it, much like THIS one.

I'm just confused. To my understanding the Crockery City Ice and Products Co. didn't bottle Coke products until the 1940s, when at that point they were the main supplier for the area:

From Brewing Beer in the Buckeye State, Volume I (was primarily brewing company before prohibition hit)

Several changes took place around 1939. The company sold off its dairy operation to the Golden Star Dairy Co., which continued to run the plant next door to the brewery until the 1970s. The Crockery City Co. also became the new local bottler of Coca Cola around this time, doing business as the Coca Cola Bottling Co. of East Liverpool, and utilizing the brewery's bottling works. In addition, a new division of the company was established for the dealing of livestock. This was known as Crockery City Farms, with the livestock all located on a farm along U. S. Route 30 near Lisbon, several miles north of East Liverpool.

Is my bottle some weird hybrid?

P.S. I hope the embedded images work. I'm kind of lost on the tutorial. I'm using Chrome.

20130723_160153_zpsf3ef0259.jpg

20130723_160145_zps5914fa34.jpg

20130723_113531_zps4c03e17d.jpg

23baseball3

Reaction score
Thanks surfaceone, now if only I knew what you did to make that work hahaha. I'm not getting a dialog box that is supposed to appear.

I don't want to post my B-1 and Lime-Cola until I figure out how to make my pictures work.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS