Questions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mr.fred

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

I still remember where I got most of my things.
Hey Wheelah,
I'm going to have to agree with you about the fututre wife thing. If she loves you, accepting your hobbies should be no big whoop.

Funny about remembering where you found things. In the beginning, I could pick up any bottle and tell you right where I found it and in which lake and what I thought when I first pried it off the bottom. Now, many many many bottles later, I probably would guess the lake right but no way I would even be close on the year or location - unless it was an unusual find - (in which case I would remember most of the specifics).
Wheelah!----be glad you can remember where you dug things up[:)]--wait another 50 yrs. Hell !!----i get in another room in my house and forget why i came in there[8D][sm=lol.gif]----let alone trying to figure out where i dug all my bottles[;)].

suzanne

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

I took it all to a salvage yard where I got a penny a pound for the rusty steel. (I think the price has since gone up). They gave me $8.56 for eight hundred and fifty six pounds of hard earned, dragged from the bottom, rusty metal. Cured me of the rusty metal problem that instant.[:)]
tee, hee, hee . . Hey Bob, you should've waited till now to take it to the scrap yard. You could have made 80 dollars or more. You should go back down there and see if you can find some copper. You could be rich!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
You should go back down there and see if you can find some copper.
Thanks Suzanne. I do bring up copper pipes and wires when I find them. I also have a few lids and pans that are waiting to be recycled.

suzanne

Reaction score
So, Mr. Holindaze; we now request that you complete a brief survey and rate our helpfulness on a scale of 1 to 10.

1. Did you get a prompt answer?
2. Do you now understand the basis of your problems?
3. Have this site helped you to form a clear plan of action?
3. Would you use this site again if you needed advice?

Thank you. This site does not take responsibility for any mayhem that may be caused in your personal life if you take the advice offered. Please feel free to come back anytime for more abuse.[:)]

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Holindaze

I am getting married next month and a lot of my collections will be trashed, sold or stored but thats the price for letting someone into your life sometimes. But these are some questions that I have been wanting to ask but was afraid to ask as I thought I would be banned from the site.
A lot of people say they dig for bottles and other treasures to "save history" but how many of you keep records of where you found your bottles and other finds. I have not found a lot of stuff but I have forgotten where and how I found most of it.
What would you do if you found a major historical site? In my area, there are old stories about an old stone house that was built before the civil war but nobody knows where it was. If it was found, it would be an great find for local history but it would also contain some valueable items, so if you found something like that, would you keep it secret or tell somebody and risk getting nothing except your name in the local paper?
i wouldnt tell anyone if i found such a spot,before long the place would be crawling with a bunch of archeologists,and then every piece of land would be off limits[:'(][:'(] [8|]

Holindaze

Reaction score
1. Did you get a prompt answer?
2. Do you now understand the basis of your problems?
3. Have this site helped you to form a clear plan of action?
3. Would you use this site again if you needed advice?
First of all, no I would not consider myself a hoarder, I only keep things that I know are safe and worthy of keeping. While looking around, I have found some nice rusty metel that I can or cannot identify or glass shards of interest but all that usually goes into the recycling bin or just left where I found them. I found a lot of jars that I left as I do not collect jars. I go through my stuff every once and awhile and get rid of things I no longer find interresting.
I did get a prompt answer, and I got some great advice that was above and beyond what I thought I would get, I have a better plan of action and yes I would use this site again. If I decide to get ris of any really good bottles, I will auction them here and donate some of the money to the site.

suzanne

Reaction score
[:D][:D][:D]OK. You have a great sense of humor. I guess you are not going to break up with your girlfriend either. That's probably good.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexTheBottleHunter