Quiet?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey Maine Digger....

I know what you mean about diggers itch...I got a new Tesoro Metal detector for my birthday and I'm tired of finding nickles and dimes under newspaper on my living room floor! I went up to an old "ghost town" last Thursday and waded thru 2 foot deep snow drifts to an old cemetery but kinda hard to see any thig thruogh the snow...a local told me where the old toen dump was and I found it but it too was buried in snow..my feet were cold and wet so I decided I had to wait a while longer!

Good hunting!

Dr J[:D]

IRISH

Reaction score
Two feet of snow [&:] and we complain about the cold here in winter [;)] , oz-riley I think we should be able to walk creeks all winter if they can dig in frost and snow [:D] .

Maine Digger

Reaction score
As soon as I get the driver straightened out on my computer, I'll post some more memorable pictures of what we put up with here in New England. lol Actually, I relocated here in 1977, my wife and I raised three great lads and I wouldn't trade the childhoods this beautiful region of the country provided them. Buuuuuuut, the winters grow colder and longer as your hair grows whiter!

diggershawn

Reaction score
hello, my name is shawn I've been digging for about 30 years just getting back on the internet and found this site. It seems to be a neat site. I've dug the same sight for 30 years and i haven't even put a dent in it yet. I'm in kansas and have dug several times this last week. It's nice to live so close to my sight.!!!!!!!!!!!
Would like to get to know some of you and swap some stories.[&:]

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum, I think you'll find this is a enjoyable and informative group to belong to. I joined in February, and they can't keep me away now! lol I feel like I've found a lot of long lost brethren, who else would tramp through mud, rattle snakes, snow, rain, ticks and more just to dig up somebody's trash from 100 years ago! I think we would all be interested in hearing about that 30 year dig you got going!

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi and welcome diggershawn [:D] ,
Sound's like a good site you are digging there, what age stuff are you finding ? can you post some digging photos and finds ? nothing better than a good dig story [:D] .

diggershawn

Reaction score
irish: Lots of little cork top paint bottles. Lots of inks, like shaffers skrip,banker's ink,1/5th gallon whiskey bottles, rectangle 1/8th gallon whiskey bottles, glass corks, some blue glass, not sure what they are but there seamless, kerr & ball jar lids(white glass) and one brown, almost looks like swirled chocolate milk. DATES?? on alot of them. Working on getting a digital camera, so i can post my finds.

crozet86

Reaction score
Hi,
Welcome to the forum Shawn.You will enjoy coming here im sure.I have learned so
much since coming to the forum.These are a great bunch of guys and gals who try to help as much as possible.I learn something every time i log on here.Hope you find some goodies in your dig site.

Bluegrass

Reaction score
Hi my fellow crazies! It's nice to here about some of you die-hards because I'm feeling pretty nuts these days. I moved from Iowa to Kentucky recently. I had the privies to myself up there but now I'm finding dug ones everywhere. Let me give you some idea: out of the 17 privies I've found in Lexington, guess how many were already dug? That's right....17!!!! How about that for a kick in the teeth? Trust me.... it takes a die-hard loony to keep going after that. Well...I have to. So I've started heading out of town to find smaller towns that won't have been hit so hard. There were about 8 guys who hit Lexington for about 30 years...and they hit it real hard!
Oh well...wish me luck! And good luck to all of you.

John.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squirrelman