RARE COLOR N. WOOD

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

portland med. man

Reaction score
HERE`S ONE FOR ALL YOU MAINERS OUT THERE... THIS IS THE RAREST OF COLORS FOR THE N. WOOD , THE ONE HERE IS THE ONLY ONE I HAVE SEEN IN THIS COLOR IN 15 YEARS OF DIGGIN .... TO BAD IT IS DAMAGED BUT STILL WORTH HOLDING ON TO ... I HAVE SEEN THE AMBER ONES AND THE OLIVE GREEN VARIENT AND REALIZE THEY FETCH 3000 OR SO WONDER WHAT ONE IN THIS COLOR WOULD GO FOR IT`S PICTURED NEXT TO A AQUA DRUGGIST WHICH FETCH THE LOWEST PRICE OF THE N WOODS..... THOUGHT YOU GUYS WOULD HAVE ANY INSIGHT OR JUST APPRECIATE IT .https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/nitro04106/100_1980.jpg

earlyglass

Reaction score
Hi John,

I have seen some of these deeper colored blue greens in the Keene medicines. They look incredible! Here is a similar example... the Jewetts Bitters in honey amber, and an earlier Keene example in a bright blueish color.

I owned an N Wood in a forest green as well, but not as bright of a color as the piece you have!

Mike (earlyglass)

Hf97734.jpg

Attachments

• Hf97734.jpg
    Hf97734.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 62

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Hi Mike, those Jewetts are beauties! I'm dieing to dig one. I dug a nice Jewitts a few years ago in Rochester NH, in a pale light aqua green, a little different color than aqua, but still light. I was happy to dig such a good bottle whole, but I'd kill for a dark one !
Bram

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem