rare - duck hunter bottle from renfrew Ontario on ebay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
anyone ever seen one before ? i used to drive thru this town all the time and never seen this bottle before or knew it existed . its on ebay and allreay at 5 bids at $37

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Renfrew-ACL-Soda-Pop-Bottle-Duck-Hunter-Renfrew-Ontario-Canada-/221042982045?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3377303c9d

94D8B76085A24E33BFC945AF65E38237.jpg

Attachments

• 94D8B76085A24E33BFC945AF65E38237.jpg
    94D8B76085A24E33BFC945AF65E38237.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 113

TJSJHART

Reaction score
NEVER SEEN ONE BEFORE ....BUT I DON'T COLLECT CANADIAN BOTTLES..IT LOOKS GOOD .

fishnuts

Reaction score
...um, imho this is not VERY rare.
You'd see several per year on ebay, as I have the past several years.
Very scarce to rare maybe, but certainly not in my experience, any harder.
Nice image, indeed. The all black is a bit problematic for really great show-off display even with light colored background behind. It's a one color...the addition of white (or yellow) behind the black would make the design POP!, and seems to not be a terrific job of utilizing the 'air' (the empty space) in the design.
Find a two color, if there is one, for a VERY rare item.

Again, imho, the vendor is elaborating...ahem, because they're pitching their item.

RCO

Reaction score
i did some searching around there had been another one on ebay last year and it sold for around $36 as well . so its not the first time this bottle has been on ebay . very expensive pop bottle for this area not many go for that much . few small town ontario bottles are in that kind of demand . i usually go to that area in august , going to check out some stores and see if i can find one even if its in less than great condition it be a nice bottle to have .

jamus

Reaction score
The bottle, made by consumers glass, itself is used at least one other brand. I don't have pictures, but there is a brand called "Peerless" from the Martime provinces that used same bottle with different paint. I believe it was used during the 70's, possibly 60's.

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: fishnuts

...um, imho this is not VERY rare.
You'd see several per year on ebay, as I have the past several years.
Very scarce to rare maybe, but certainly not in my experience, any harder.
Nice image, indeed. The all black is a bit problematic for really great show-off display even with light colored background behind. It's a one color...the addition of white (or yellow) behind the black would make the design POP!, and seems to not be a terrific job of utilizing the 'air' (the empty space) in the design.
Find a two color, if there is one, for a VERY rare item.

Again, imho, the vendor is elaborating...ahem, because they're pitching their item.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzXKWKaxt3c

Ya know, if you don't quit w/ your honest personal assessments.......you are soon to be labled a mean, hate filled, jealous, mean spirited sob with a negative outlook.

At least I'll have some company.

T D

Reaction score
Ya know, if you don't quit w/ your honest personal assessments.......you are soon to be labled a mean, hate filled, jealous, mean spirited sob with a negative outlook.

LMBO. Nothing like ACL guys. You ever get the feeling that people think we are different?

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: OsiaBoyce

I used to give honest assessments but I was warned to be nice or there would be trouble, so now I'm a new man...

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
LMBO. Nothing like ACL guys. You ever get the feeling that people think we are different?
[/quote]

Yes, and what's worse, they think we do not know what kind off bottle/glass to collect or even what is considered collectible/desirable.

Little do they know, the best bottle is never dug.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229