rare lid, broken perfume, token

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Here are 3 other items I dug this week. One was out of a newer dump, probably 1940's. It's a good luck charm. It says " Dennis and Glenda / good luck / Logan Airport Boston Mass"
Also there are pieces to what would have been a nice perfume/ cologne. It is teal glass, and looks like it may have been a Sandwich Glass Co. piece. There was nothing good in this dump, but these damn shards kept me digging there for 3 hours looking for a whole one ! ugh !
Lastly is a really rare mason lid. It goes to a Tudor Rose mason, with what's called an Immerser lid. The milk glass piece pushed the pickles or whatever down into the liquid in the jar. The milk glass piece was broken off, but I was able to cement it back, and you cant tell where the break was. The tin part is in great shape. I got this one in a tiny dump. It was actually one bucket of trash dumped down into a ravine. I spied the bucket, then used my short probe to probe around it and found a few old bottle shards. I was about to give up when I saw the lid. I searched a while longer to find the missing piece to the lid. I'm glas I did.
It was good to get out and dig again. It's good to be able to share a couple of good finds with you all, I've been on a dry spell. I've enjoyed reading all your posts during the summer, thank you.
Bram the Downeast Digger

Ge95418.jpg

Attachments

• Ge95418.jpg
    Ge95418.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 54

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member