Rare med

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[8|] At least he put his phone number with the auction so all you naysayers can give him hell personally, give the guy a break, it is a rare bottle.....

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I wonder what the SERIOUS COLLECTORS ONLY THING is meant for?
I think what they were saying is "the reserve is set to at or above market value. Don't bid if you plan to resale for profit".[:D]

diggerdirect

Reaction score
I can agree to disagree, [:)] Trash the seller for not saying its stained, atleast you'd be technically correct, Trashing him here for saying its mint is ridiculous, and just not so.

Terms like "attic find" and "mint" should be used quite sparingly, otherwise they lose their meaning.

quite true, and also not Interchangeably! I didn't find a single instance of the word 'Mint' on the entire page.

Heres a bottle that came with several others just last week from an attic....

example1.jpg

Thats a layer of dust & grime covering it, there looks to be some dullness, I haven't cleaned them up yet.

example2.jpg

Now this one may or may not be mint, but I'd like to figure I could say 'found in an attic' or even 'attic find' somewhere in the listing and not be called numbnuts or a liar.

"attic mint" should mean the example can't possibly be improved upon in any way;

I agree there, I dont see how this listing changes that in any way.

it's a purposeful effort to minimize the bottle's problems. Anyone trusting the seller's description will be sorely disappointed when they see the bottle in person, which is a situation that shouldn't occur.

Man I'm sorry but at somepoint the bidder/buyer has to belly up & take some responsibility as well, dont ya think?
...."uh, I'm filing a SNAD report because I only (mis)read descriptions & never look at pictures, and I dont ask questions before shelling out my cash?" c'mon now. The guy even puts his phone number IN the description to call on any questions!

Im thinking the Serious Collectors Only thing pertains to his listings, lol, probably an attempt to weed out bidders described in above paragraph, I would have worded it differently or not at all. (They are a Very small percentage in the collectibles/antiques categories.)

Seller certainly plays up the positive sales pitch but should have (IMO) included any stain/sickness & the degree in the description, if it has it. The pictures are alittle confusing. If I was a serious bidder I'd certainly contact him for clarification prior to bidding. There's as many styles of selling as there are sellers, thats just a fact, like some dont like some, but his customer track record looks fine to me.

Al

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I found an "attic mint" mummified mouse in the attic,it hasn't been touched for years,lets talk about it.

If the bottle looks "good" no chips,cracks flee bites,fish eyes,bad staining,bubble bursts etc I just call it MINT hell-0 with the attic. That term should not even be used. If it was found in the basement it is attic mint,if it is found behind a wall in the kitchen its attic mint,behind the hopper in the bathroom attic mint.
If the bottle looks wonderful it is MINT in my eyes.

I know the word is a terminology used in the bidding and selling world but I dont use it.because I find my bottles in the ground "privy mint" [8D]

People need things to talk about so carry on my wayward sons.[8D]

Wheelah23

Reaction score
"MUSEUM QUALITY"

"ATTIC FIND"

Seems like, to me, he's calling it mint without actually saying the word. I realize condition evaluations are subjective, but in my eyes, there's no way to call that bottle mint. And to do so, AS WELL AS not mention the obvious staining, is a problem. Buyer beware, I suppose... But I think sellers should claim some responsibility as well, and just tell people the truth about their items.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
not even dug vs non-dug really means that much since every so often you can dig a bottle which cleans up perrrfect.
A simple complete description always works for me. No attics, fleas, mints needed.

rockbot

Reaction score
Soiled mint with a dash of light![:D]

956941CB6B2A4CC9A6A8D91FE9B796AE.jpg

Attachments

• 956941CB6B2A4CC9A6A8D91FE9B796AE.jpg
    956941CB6B2A4CC9A6A8D91FE9B796AE.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 76

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members