Rare old Dr. Travis"s herb bitters-NOT THE REPRO!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-old-Dr-Travis-s-herb-bitters-NOT-REPRO-/370499005632?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5643762cc0

I hate to inform this gentlemen but there was never any kind of liquid beverage in these bottles originally.Jim Travis the last owner of the Clevenger brothers Glassworks made this as a joke for the Clevenger brothers to produce.This is the kind of bottle the Clevenger brothers should have been making instead of all of the deceptive suto copycat versions of originals they did.They should have created their own old style of glass focused on current in the day significant, historical, presidents ect.ect events in the 1930s and 40s and 50s.Those bottles today would be almost as collectable as the early and mid 1800s flasks.This link tells the rest of the Travis story................................. It is a nice looking bottle and is actually pretty scarce.

http://www.westernbitters.com/2010/05/buckshutem-bitters.html

What form of collateral backs gaurenteed original anyway.What is he backing this claim up with his reputation or a nice refund.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I have had people swear to me on their grandmas' lives that those were period bottles. [;)]
I was almost ripped off by someone selling one in my early days of collecting.
Luckily I didnt have the cash or I probably would have bought it.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
When I first seen the auction, I thought about contacting him to let him know, but he may not have believed it anyway. I seen one of these sell at an estate auction for $150. Two guys battling over it. I told one of them before it came up that it wasn't genuine, but he bid it up anyway. Research & knowledge can go a long way sometimes. It will also keep your wallet a little heavier instead of making a costly mistake.

~Tim

saratogadriver

Reaction score
You gotta give the seller credit, that he put up a very visible disclaimer that it's a fantasy bottle. Heck, it's ebay. Many sellers would just tell you to ^%%$# off...

Jim G

ORIGINAL: lobeycat

i wrote him a very polite note concerning this one and he fixed the problem........sort of.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Good job Rich,at least he did own up to it and added the disclaimer.It is a neat looking bottle it should sell.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday