Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Rare Pontil Cattle Liniment bottle

digger mcdirt

Aug 8, 2005
Here's one I think is fairly rare its a "Breinic Fronefield & co Cattle Liniment " bottle. It came out of the attic with the horse liniment and the Baltimore roundbottom. It is open pontil and screaming mint full of wavey whittle glass. I watched 2 sell on ebay one brought over $600 the other over $500 must be fairly rare. Anyone seen these before? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

swizzle

Mar 2, 2005
Upstate NY
I just have to say. You have a really cool attic. You should just leave the rest up there and start a paid tour through your attic. I've heard of horse liniment but never cattle liniment. I can imagine that these were quite popular on cattle ranches and small farms in the 1800's. Awesome museum quality bottles. Did the house belong to a bottle digger from the past? Swizzle

digger mcdirt

Aug 8, 2005
The house belonged to a Dr who practiced from the Civil War up to the late 1800's. His grandson sold all his stuff out last year and I bought a lot of bottles etc from the house. Most of the bottles were Pontil era or up to late 1800's. I also got a lot of his paper stuff etc.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cypalace