rare Rabit marble..

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

caldigs

Reaction score
Thanks deacon ! Sloughduck, the item number is 160438334783. The marble guys over at landofmarbles.com are having a hard time believing I dug such a rare marble and are claiming its a fake !

appliedlips

Reaction score
Anthony if you can edit your description it should read "china" and not chinese marble. Many collectors only collect painted china's and yours would not show in a search. I think it will do very well.

caldigs

Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something, it appears eBay listing titles can't be changed !

jays emporium

Reaction score
I edit listings and titles all the time when I spot an error. If you go to My Ebay and click on your item it will come up as "Seller View". There will be a blue printed line "Revise your item." Just click on that and you can change anything in your title or description, add pictures or whatever you want.

Stardust

Reaction score
I hope that wasn't what your "change" meant.
GOOD LUCK! [;)]

Road Dog

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: caldigs

Thanks deacon ! Sloughduck, the item number is 160438334783. The marble guys over at landofmarbles.com are having a hard time believing I dug such a rare marble and are claiming its a fake !
The veterens like me on there think it's the real deal. Is the paint on or under the glaze?

Clam

Reaction score
Only my personal opinion but I think putting this marble on ebay is a mistake for the exact reasons that are already being expressed. The main reason I am saying this is I know a few guys who will drop $10,000 on a marble but none of them would spend $100 on ebay, the reason for this is that there is no way for anyone to prove that they have this marble or prove what shape it is in so 90% of the big money collectors will not risk buying from ebay. What should have been done would be place it in a well advertised marble auction by a firm like Morpheys who will put their reputation on the line and assure a very accurate description of the condition of the marble. Only then will you see the "big money" come after the marble. I am afraid the only thing will come of the ebay auction will be to get some fast cash but really only a fraction of what the marble is worth. If you really needed money fast I would have given you a $1000 for it the day you posted it. You really need to take time and plan things out when you have a top of the line item wether it be a bottle, marble, gem or any other thing of value. The only thing holding your marble back from being a $5000 to $7000 prize is the size, most of the show piece marbles are over 1" 1/4. Just a little bit of advise I am trying to get out there Don't rush to sell. Maybe you will beat the odds and score big on ebay then I say good for you...I would just hate to see it sell for $1100 and then a year later you see it sell in a auction for $6000. Good luck either way....Greg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator