RARE Texas Patent Medicines

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

texasdigger

Reaction score
RE: RARE Texas Sodas

There is one known open pontil Texas med. "Prices Patent Texas Tonic". The back is embossed Republic of Texas. There is one iron pontil bitters Robertson's Tonic Bitters, and one pontiled soda P. Conat New Orleans and Galveston Texas. The Texas stuff is not too collectable on a national scale, but locally you would not belive the prices some of this stuff brings.

Thanks for looking here is a pic. of the pontilled Texas bottle. It was dug in New Orleans, and sold for 14,000. A friend of mine had the oppurtunity to buy it for 1500.00, but was sceptical of it's authenticity. then he saw it sell for so high, and about croaked.

I have held the only pontilled Texas soda, but nobody knows who has the bitters from Austin. I suspect it was part of the Peggy Bryant collection, and when she passed some big time bitters collector swooped it up to not be seen again for thirty years.
Brad

4C8CA84F7EA5461C81E3C76C8969F0B4.jpg

Attachments

• 4C8CA84F7EA5461C81E3C76C8969F0B4.jpg
    4C8CA84F7EA5461C81E3C76C8969F0B4.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 88

Doctor McMunn

Reaction score

Brad,
WOW, who knew pontiled bottles from Texas even existed ? Nice collection, thanks for sharing !
Richard

capsoda

Reaction score

Very cool Brad. They may not have surfaced yet but there have to be others. I don't know of any Florida pontiled bottles. We do find pontils but they are imports.

texasdigger

Reaction score

Thanks for looking guys. Capsoda I am sure if Texas has pontiled bottles florida has some too. I post some more soon. Have a good night.

Brad

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583