Rarer bottle books for sale

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Rarer bottle books for sale. You may never see some of these again.

1) Antique Glass Bottles-Their History and Evolution 1500-1850 Willy Van Bossche VG $70

2) 19th Century Medicine in Glass Bill and Betty Wilson ©1971 book collectors would call it poor. $35

3) Sarsaparilla Bottles Encyclopedia, Phyllis Shimko ©1969. Again, book collectors would call it poor $35

4) The Fruit Jar Works, Vol 1 Alice Creswick. 1987 and signed G-VG. Some stains and minor tears on the DJ $50

5) Early American Glass Rea Mansfield Knittle ©1927 G $15

6) The Moxie Encyclopedia Vol 1 Q David Bowers. ©1985 G $15

7) Grand Old American Bottles Dr. Larry Freeman ©1964 DJ a bit torn but includes the price guide. $25

I'm going to have a heck of a time trying to find boxes and ship from here in my apartment so please be patient.
I have to do this one bunch at a time but I have more.

Prices include mailing.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well just wrote you about the books I felt I should buy, and it came out that I should buy all but one. The composition got deleted, so this is a restart. We are in New York State, right now and I was taking a book inventory here to decide which ones to take to Florida. Being in two places every year is a crazy thing to do, but it is based on what the geese do every year, and when we hear them honking, I tell the wife we better start packing. We have done that for over 40 years now. I already have #5. which is a great book. If you read in my home page, her book answered a question I asked in a big nation wide management meeting - that nearly got me fired - her book answered the question, for me. About who, when and why - they started chilling the cavities of cast iron bottle molds.So I guess I should buy all of them, and delay shipping until October. Having them shipped to Florida, after we get there.If some are sold already -that would be too bad, but understandable. I would cover the cost as soon as I can - and probably do it in two mail orders to you - between now and then. You can email me at <bottlemysteries@yahoo.com> another thank you. RED Matthews

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Sorry Red, I've been going to help my father in the yard and was gone much of this week, I usually just pop down for a day. I did get your email and PM, and trying to get things sorted now.I'm copying/pasting this to the PM now, just in case.Eric

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Repacing #7 withCollecting The Cures, Bill Agee ©1969. Some marking in pen or pencil.andCollecting All Cures, Bill Agee ©1973. Same may applyBoth volumes but no longer are these sold separately. I need to sell them all or loose my internet.$200 shipped for all.These are all very comprehensive and expensive to buy separately. Check the prices at amazon etc.. It's half what I paid for them also.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello my friend, Boy we seem to have a connection. If you still have any books, let me know and I will get back to you. I have a lot of them, but there are some I don't have. RED

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello Eric. I guess I was corn-fused. This was an old post - so at this point I don't know if you sold all of your books or not. I am always interested in early books about early glass making, and have a good library that I have read. I sincerely feel bad about your problems - because I think {KNOW} you do a heck of a lot for the Forum. So - just keep me posted - if I can I want to. RED M.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well Eric; We will be back to FL the last week of Sept. I will the old #2,3 & 4. Others will be of interest I am sure. If you list more books let me know please.Reed Matthews

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR