Raspberry puce hostetters

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rvcdigger

Reaction score
So is this gonna get some bids? Or is it a no sale?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Raspberry-Puce-Dr-Hostetters-Stomach-Bitters-Incredibly-Rare-/281028166366?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416e9582de

epackage

Reaction score
It's a nice bottle that Dave is selling but I don't agree with the color attributions, I think that since Puce is the hot buzzword these days too many people are calling everything in the amber range Puce. I know he asked for people's thoughts on the color and two really knowledge and respected bottle people agreed it was a form of puce, I don't see it so much, but I hope he gets what he's hoping for and more because he's a nice guy...

If it does get bids at this starting price I expect to see a ton of 'Puce' Hostetter's hit Ebay very quickly...

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
It'll never get a bid that high. Funny the one contrast picture shows bottles that are yellowish amber so they make it look like there is a lot of contrast. But anyone willing to pay over a grand will know that amber has a much larger range.

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
It's a red amber but far from puce.. color is in the eye of the holder... we all see them diffrently.. the green one going over 1K will make all kinds of colors surface. until now the green ones have ben like 400-600 tops..

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Like Crocodile Dundee says---- "That's not puce,this is puce!" lol

You knew that was comin [8D]

F57CD45E4B244C4FBDB4E57ED63E1DD8.jpg

Attachments

• F57CD45E4B244C4FBDB4E57ED63E1DD8.jpg
    F57CD45E4B244C4FBDB4E57ED63E1DD8.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 60

botlguy

Reaction score
I agree that I do not see $1,000 worth of color in that one but it might be different in hand and in certain light. To my eye there is a HUGE difference between Red Amber and any shade of Puce. Puce can have a few different highlights that cause the effect to be different, thus Apricot or Black Cherry or Strawberry Puce but Ricks Eagle is the epitomy of straight PUCE...... Period.

Puce is defined as Brownish Purple. Actually Amber is way often misused if one is a purist. A typical beer bottle is not amber, it's Brown. As they say: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rvcdigger

nice flask...but i think ive seen that before somewhere....a lot....

Yes he is well known.He is no longer "Just a bottle" he is more like a Cyber Mascot [:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson