RC Cola!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Based on the results of a brief search, I'd say the tin sign in question is extremely hard to find. I contacted Merrill's Auctions to see if the one I posted a picture of is still available. I will post their reply when I hear back from them.

iggyworf

Reaction score

Attachments

• af72ec66b8d04ded867ed2bcc4a6d99e.jpg
    af72ec66b8d04ded867ed2bcc4a6d99e.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 120
  • c465aeac2f1d4f0185b076b0bae0cba1.jpg
    c465aeac2f1d4f0185b076b0bae0cba1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 134

shannon red

Reaction score
I have recently come across a mini bottle collection that seems to contain an RC Cola bottle with a paper label. I am having a hard time finding anything similar. Can anyone tell me if RC actually made a bottle with a paper label. It doesn't seem to have the Pyramid in the glass above the label like the others I have seen. The closest I have come to finding a similar one seems to be the 1924 bottle, but I'm not sure. ANy help is appreciated.[attachment=FullSizeRender.jpg]

iggyworf

Reaction score
Shannon, Hello and welcome. I don't think any of us have come across a paper label of that style on a regular size bottle. I could be wrong though. It could just be for that kind of novelty style bottle. Might have been cheaper to do paper labels for them than the 'ACL' process.

BlancoBros

Reaction score
Did all of the debossed Royal Crown bottles have a makers mark on the bottom? Mine just has a "3". Would mine be a 1937?

rc front.jpgrc back.jpgrc bottom.jpg

iggyworf

Reaction score
Not necessaryly. I would think each bottle maker put different markings on there bottles. You do have an earlier bottle. Because of the embossed trapezoid/star on the neck. 1930's.

canti128

Reaction score
iggy Based on your chart, which I agree with and found the same results, we see that about half of the LGW 1-6 bottles are non-acls and about half of them are acls. Bottles 3 and 4 have question marks and it is currently unknown whether they are acls or non-acls. For simplicity sake let's assume for the moment that bottle number 3 is a non acl and bottle number 4 is an acl, with the main point of emphasis being that the lower numbers are obviously non-acls and the higher numbers are acls. When I combine this information with everything I have been able to glean from all three threads, which I have compiled notes on, I have reason to believe ... 1. The LGW 1-3 non-acl bottles were produced in 1936 2. The LGW 4-6 acl bottles were produced in 1937 3. The LGW 1-3 non-acl bottles were not recycled4. The first Royal Crown Cola ACL was produced in 1937

Hello everyone,
I'm here to bump this old section of the topic since I THINK I found an anomaly to Sodapopbob's belief here. Recently I found a bottle on eBay for $19.99. I even made a topic about it and will make a shameless plug about it. Anyway, it appears to be a VERY MINT - Clear/ Debaussed Pyramid/ Paper Label/ LGW 6 (see photos for details). My previous assumption (before reading this topic) was that it was a 'salesman sample' due to its pristine condition (and lack of 'ghost' acl).
P1020786.jpgP1020787.jpgP1020788.jpgP1020790.jpgP1020791.jpg

Also on every 1936 ad which was posted previously show the neck label over the debaussed pyramid as opposed to my neck label being above the debaussed pyramid. Since LGW was experimenting with the various compositions of the bottle, it makes sense that they'd also experiment with the paper label placement. Although my bottle is the oddity since its a 6 and by all accounts it should have been recycled and used for ACL printing. So perhaps it was a corporate memento that survived scrapping? I'm also not ruling out fake as I've heard numerous folks in the 1960's slapping labels on old bottles. BUT if that was the case, then obviously there would be an ACL label on the inside or have some remnants of being 'rubbed' clean... none of which I can see.

misskayce

Reaction score
I am new here.I just sort of skimmed through the thread.I did not see anything about when they began using the non-returnable bottles.I know it was sometime in the 1960's.My dad always bought RC Cola for us.My brother went back to the old home place and found a few of our old bottles.I have a light green(agua?).I was wondering if there is a way to decipher the numbers on it to determine the year.I also have a clear one.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Hey Welcome to the forum!....pretty cool you were able to obtain bottles that you possibly drank from as a kid!...or at least that your dad bought!..wow! Yes the numbers generally can be deciphered, can you post pictures for us to see?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973