read's bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, i have 2 bottles embossed read's. couldnt find anything on a search. only thing i can think of is the old read's drug store. the small bottle is 3 3/8" tall, 1 3/4" wide, base has a mark that appears to be a C overlaping an L. the tall bottle is 8 7/8" tall, 3 1/8" across base, bottle marked owens-illinois (c1929-1954). i thought i saw a post where someone else dug a read's bottle, but couldn't find it. any information on these bottles would be appreciated. any value? thanks rhona

Nl29119.jpg

snake oil

Reaction score
Hi TNTBI , the post you read about the Read's bottle was probably mine . I found mine in Anne Arundel county , Maryland . My bottle is identical to yours , except mine is 5-5/8" tall . The only thing I can tell you is , Read's was a drug store chain , and judging from the bottles I found with it , I would guess it dates to the 1930's - 40's . I wish I could be more helpful , maybe some of the other members can add to this .

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi snake oil, i knew i read someone had dug one. both of mine came from the cambridge area. i remenber read's drug stores, i thought it was a nation wide co., but did a search and it was a local drug store chain. one ref. was 1950 to 1970. don't know when the 1st store was opened. both of my bottles have the exact same shape even though they are diff. sizes. thanks for replying, i hope i can find some more. happy digging. rhona

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem