recent finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

odditysteve

Reaction score
I came across these three during a couple outings this fall. the one on the left is black glass, more of a dirty olive green really. i think it is a pontle base but am very new to bottles so i'm not too sure. i do know that it was from a 3 piece mold though. the one on the right again is 3 piece mold and has no other distinctive markings ecxept on the base it has the word "ARNAS" and the number 12 opposite it. the one in the middle says A.B. KNOLL ERIE, PA. Pretty sure its a beer but hadnt heard of that brewery before. Any one have any ideas or background info for any of these?? will send more pics later.

415F4082A06647B1B67F5847DDEC575E.jpg

Attachments

• 415F4082A06647B1B67F5847DDEC575E.jpg
    415F4082A06647B1B67F5847DDEC575E.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 54

madpaddla

Reaction score
Steve,
Welcome to the forum. A real nice bunch of people here so enjoy. The bottle on the far left is most likely English and prob not pontilled. The middle one is a beer as you thought. I used to live in Erie and heard a lot about that particular brand. That one is real nice. The last one is also a beer. Looks pretty old huh? It is a swedish beer I believe. I have had a few of them before. If you found these in the same area ..that is a great area to get right back to. There prob is a lot of other items like these. And Excellent start. If it wasnt dark I would head back there right now. Enjoy the hobby and this forum. Welcome Here is a link to a previous discussion on the Arnas bottle.

Arnas Bottle

glass man

Reaction score
WELCOME BROTHER!![:)] THIS IS A GREAT PLACE...I STARTED COLLECTING IN 74..BUT MY KNOWLEGE OF BOTTLES ZOOMED UP SINCE I CAME ON HERE! COOL BOTTLES BY THE WAY![&:] JAMIE

odditysteve

Reaction score
here is the pic of the bottom of the black bottle

C491646D4BFB44C985547CFAB5FDA58A.jpg

Attachments

• C491646D4BFB44C985547CFAB5FDA58A.jpg
    C491646D4BFB44C985547CFAB5FDA58A.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 65

botlguy

Reaction score
Hey Steve: (Thanks for including you name in your profile) Welcome to the list. I hope you stick around for awhile.

You have already received good information, I really can not add much. The two on the right and left are not of much value, monitarily, (maybe $10 - $20) but still nice bottles, especially for starters. All date back to the 1880 period. I am real familiar with these but knew nothing about the ARNAS bottle. (Thanks madpadlla, I don't know your given name) That is why this forum is so GREAT, after 45 years of collecting I still learn stuff here. As for the embossed beer, a collector familiar with items from that locale will have to fill us in on the rarity or lack of same.

I agree, the black glass ale is not pontilled, too late manufacture for a pontil but still a nice start to a collection. My suggestion: Keep at LEAST a few of your initial acquisitions because 10, 15, 20 years from now you will wish you had. I know I am glad I have a few of my firsts, wish I had more since that stuff would mean more to me than my high priced purchased / traded for bottles. One of my favorite possessions is a WARNER'S SAFE KIDNEY and LIVER CURE bottle worth maybe $10 - $15 to anyone else. It started my involvement in a life long, very enjoyable hobby. Hobbies are life extending, guaranteed. I have a bottle worth $4,000 - $5,000 and I prize the WARNER'S more, it would go with me if my house was burning.

Take care, love lots, laugh much and be well. Jim

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles