Red Cross Drug Co.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Twiztidbottle

Reaction score
Looking for any info on this bottle. Found it on a job site in northern Michigan.
Reads Red Cross Drug Co. Benton Harbor Mich. Any info would be great. If its worth anything to you throw me an offer.

E23BF5A73EEF4B7AAF5A69BE4EFA4E7B.jpg

Attachments

• E23BF5A73EEF4B7AAF5A69BE4EFA4E7B.jpg
    E23BF5A73EEF4B7AAF5A69BE4EFA4E7B.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 89

druggistnut

Reaction score
Andrew,
I remember you posting this earlier.
Charles K. Farmer was a half owner of the pharmacy, located at 11-115 W Main St. I could not find any reference to the store after 1919, so I assume they were gone by then.
I would be pleased to add the bottle to my collection.
I'll PM you with an offer
Bill

timtwerp

Reaction score
I believe my grandfather Louis Edward VanAntwerp owned the other half of the Red Cross drug store in Benton Harbor Michigan. The Red Cross burned down early in the century. It was big news and there are pictures archived locally. After the fire my grandfather purchased Barnard Drug Store, also in Benton Harbor Michigan. If you still have the bottle, my brother does collect memorabilia relating to the stores. My brother continues a 100 year tradition in our town, his current store is Van's Pharmacy. Thanks for posting the picture.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Tim.
The post is a couple months old but I hope the OP reads it.It sounds like you may have the inside track on it.
Thanks for sharing the family history, it's like having a face to a name thing.

Twiztidbottle

Reaction score
Thats some real awesome info. I do still have the bottle. I really didn't want to sell it til i found out about it. Shoot me an offer id like to see it get back to the family.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28