Red Cross the bottom photo

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
RE: Red Cross Pharmacy bottle

Here's another type of Red Cross med bottle. I think they just used the name Red Cross maybe a franchise?
Here in Oregon many small towns had a Red Cross Pharmacy. This bottle is from Roseburg I got it off Ebay for around $10.
Glen

Bz78299.jpg

Attachments

• Bz78299.jpg
    Bz78299.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 78

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Glen,

Thanks for the info. Wasn't familiar with that Franchise . Always fun to learn more about bottles. Sometimes certain bottles are common in one local area but scarce anywhere else. Just never know.

Cliff

madman

Reaction score
hey guys great info!!! heres a couple more red cross cycle oil mike

Jh15234.jpg

madman

Reaction score
embossed on shoulder

Db86061.jpg

Attachments

• Db86061.jpg
    Db86061.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 73

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi madman,

That's another interesting find. The shape of the Cycle Oil one looks a lot like the embossed bottle I have. I would imagine that the oil was for use on bicycles mostly as they were very popular in the late 1800's and early 1900's along with this style bottle.
Thanks for a bit more Info.

Cliff

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Mike, thats cool. The Red Cross moniker was sure used on a lot of different products. I had a Red Cross tire patch kit in a tin box but never saw the oil before.

He Cliff, Looks like you could start a Red Cross collection if you were a mind to.
You going to the New England bottle show?

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Warren,

This thread worked out well. Got quite a bit of info on Red Cross bottles etc. I still have lots of other odd embossed bottles that I have not found info on. This is a great forum to get info about bottles and other items dug up in the process. I am sure a lot of these bottles were very very limited production but they are still only worth what a collector is willing to pay for them. Rarity is only one factor in prices.

Yes I plan to go to the NE Bottle Show. Hope to get another group shot of some forum members that attend. Always fun to meet people from the forums.

Cliff

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Cliff, I'll see you there. My wife and I are comming up to visit Wayne and Pam {southernmainediver} during that weekend and we hope to meet some of our northern forum bottle collecter friends.[:)]

LuvDigginInIt

Reaction score
Hello Cliff,

Just had to tell you, that I love what you wrote about worth to a collector and rarity being only one factor in price. I totally agree, there are so many in my collection that I would never dream of selling. Thanks... Oh and have a great time at the bottle show, can't wait till I can attend one myself. Happy digging, Kala

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1