Reduced To This or Glad I'm Back

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

morbious_fod

Reaction score
Ya know I never got into modern southern comics, but I do like Jerry Clower, there is just far too much of the stupid buzz phrase/word thing about them. It just makes me wanna break someone's teeth when I hear "Get 'er Done!", "You might be a Redneck...", "Here's your sign.", or even Ron White's (even though he is the only one I really have any respect for) tater salad which really wasn't a buzzword so his fans had to make it one. Sheesh. LOL!

I'm not southern in the way this discussion is going, but I was raised in the Coal Fields of Southwest Virginia, and there ain't a blasted thing Antebellum about that area, just coal dust, buried cars in yards, and house eating Kudzu. In fact I'm a bit of a mix between my Philadelphia raised daddy, and Buchanan County VA raised mamma, I was an army brat for three years, and the other thirty six years I've lived here.

I love kidding my recovering yankee friends, lookin' at you Madman, who have moved here about their yankeeness; however, I'm just pulling their leg. Those who are saving up their Confederate money in hopes that the south will rise again are making a bad investment.

I take a trip up to Jersey every year now to visit with my Dad's family, and who knows if things blow up down here, I may just move there at some point. I hope that doesn't happen, because I have tried to leave my beloved mountains three times, and always end up back here.

druggistnut

Reaction score
I remember how the late Lewis Grizzard, a great American, referred to them, "honkers" meaning loud and no class...................I miss that man.

I have every book he put out, Pat.
Bill

ironmountain

Reaction score
we have....Garrison Keillor... I stay neutral though...I'm in the U.P. so I'm cut off from the rest of the world...

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Bill, I see you have good taste in Southers literature...........I think Wolfe, Williams Faulkner are far over rated, and 'Tobacco Road', well nothing needs said.

Having read Mr. Grizzards, a Great American, work you are familiar w/ the term 'honker'. That was from 'I Haven't Understood Anything Since 1962' if I'm not mistaken.

.................and if ya never had the opportunity and good luck and to have ever seen him live here's a small sample.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imZjCbRuZ3c

Garrison Keillor, we listen to him also, 'Prairie Home Companion', NPR Sat. @ 6:00 and Sun. morning @ 10:00. I'd put up a bit of him for comparison............however I'm listening to at this moment..............................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZrpJaXdhG4

that will stop your breathing, mine anyway.

ncbred

Reaction score
I don't even want to know what was in this can...

goldwater.jpg

SC tax stamp

goldwater2.jpg

bottlingco

Reaction score
They had to go out of business, with the price of gold and all!
~bottlingco

green dragon

Reaction score
Nice cans. starting to get an interest in cans myself, only have 2 or 3, might have to find em and get some pics.

Been 2 years since I posted here :( ... have picked up a few but not much digging either, been a long year+ ( losss of job, look for work, married, possibly unmarried.. health issues. etc )

Keep posting, good can thread.

~ AL

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcarulli