Results from the "Dam Dump"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sha11s

Reaction score
A blown-out beaver dam lowered the water level and exposed this dump:
http://picasaweb.google.com/gottjunkie/Damdump?feat=directlink

Although I did not find any rare items, a good time was had....educational too!!! I think from the get go, ADD got the better of me :) There were several areas at this dump, and I just did not have enough time cover it all. I found a bunch of stuff on the top layers, but I would say after digging about a foot down, most of the stuff was was broken. Also,hard to say who has been through here over the years, but I am guessing it has been picked through to a certain degree. The old "TOC" dump used to be across the highway from this site, and supposedly got regularily worked-over. Sadly, a company bought the land and had all the earth etc hauled away years ago. Anyways, I had fun and look forward to future digs (hopefully with better results)

Thanks for looking
Scott

TJSJHART

Reaction score
interesting assortment of... stuff (being nice there..) 1 acl , modern cans , fruit bottles, poisons i'm guessin... but you had fun i'm guessin . thanks for the post. oh what was that one thing that looked like me snoreing in bed...?[8|]

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Pretty cool Scott.
Thanks for sharing it with us. Looks like there was a ton of stuff there. I think I could spend a long time going through it and then I might still work it a bit with a shovel. Good luck if you do.

sha11s

Reaction score
TJSJHART, I sure wish I could convince my wife that it was "stuff" :) That funny looking thing is supposedly an ashtray.

nostalgia

Reaction score
You must have had so much fun! Even if not very old, I would have pounded it hard!

It's funny because I presently have a Shell outboard motor oil tin on ebay doing very well, same as the one you saw [:)]

Too bad the Silver Shell was rough, it is a pretty good can... Was the Stubby in good shape?

Thanks for the pics!

sha11s

Reaction score
Warren - Thanks!

Nostalgia - Yeah, I wish both those tins were in better shape - the blue Shell tin is my fav!
The Stubby bottle is broken and the acl is pretty much toast. While it may be common, I have yet to see that bottle before (always the brown ones or taller 10oz ones).
I should be there in the spring for a longer period of time and give it a good going over.

SergioWilkins

Reaction score
I love the Ontario Motor League sign. Please tell me you took that home!
I am assuming you're located in Ontario somewhere - whereabouts are you from?
Good digs regardless. Congrats on some great finds!

LC

Reaction score
Hello Scott , thanks for sharing the pics with us . A lot of that stuff is common , but I beleive that if that bee hive can had been in good shape , it would be worth some green to someone in the collecting of bee keeping memorabilia . It has super nice graphics on it . Some of the outboard motor oil tins are worth some good money at times too if they are in good condition . Seems to be a favorite to oil memorabilia collectors .

sha11s

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: SergioWilkins

I love the Ontario Motor League sign. Please tell me you took that home!
I am assuming you're located in Ontario somewhere - whereabouts are you from?
Good digs regardless. Congrats on some great finds!

Sergio- I left the sign with the guy who tipped me off on the dump.
I am in Toronto. Where are you?
I am sorry I did not get into this sooner as there have been lots of spots here that have been dug up for condos over the past few years.

LC- Yeah, I sure wish the stuff was in better condition. It has been a great experience for me as I am a rookie at this, and I look forward to future digs. Thanks for your input!!!

Scott

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc