RETTIG BREWING CO. POTTSVILLE, PA. Crown Top

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

smithman29

Reaction score
Hi All: Would like to hear any forum input on a 9-1/2" tall, light honey amber, very early blown-era crown top beer bottle embossed RETTIG BREWING CO. / POTTSVILLE PA. within its slug plate. Underneath the slug reads THIS BOTTLE NOT TO BE SOLD. The very light honey color is outstanding on this bottle. Some seed bubbles within the glass. Neck is blown crooked and bows towards the reverse of the bottle. Thick seams end 3/4" below the bottom of the crown top. Base embossed 0311. Super condition except for shallow 1/4" long chip to upper crown lip.
I've seen these Rettigs in normal shades of amber but the light color grabbed me on this one. Any forum members knowledgeable opinions regarding this bottle would be welcome. Paid $12 for it today...good deal? bad deal? so-so deal?
Thanks very much and best regards to all.

smithman29

Reaction score
Thanks epackage: Privydigger's is the exact color of my bottle except mine is taller and all embossing is contained within a slugplate. I saw another Rettig at the Leesport Flea Market today which was just a shade darker amber and that made all the difference in the world. Much more blase and mundane looking, retaining zilch desirability for me (even with its $5 negotiable asking price). I dont think these Rettig bottles are exceptionally valuable in and of themselves, but the yellowish coloration and crudity on mine was striking enough to make me part with a few extra bucks for a crown top bottle (which I almost never do).
Thanks, again, for your response and best regards.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem