Rhode Island finds from Aug 05

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hey All, Its been way too long since I've had a chance to post-to or even visit the forum [:(]. But worst of all NO DIGGING at all since late Aug of this year [:mad:][:mad:][:mad:]!!!
I was invited to dig at "the mother of all dumps" in R.I. by a couple of great folks from another digging forum that I am a member of. Two of us put in about 18-20 hours of digging behind a fantastic Huge victorian mansion c. 1880 [8D]. We had intermitent help from two others and between us we found about 250-275 botlles circa 1880-1900 [:D]!
I am posting only my finds in this thread [:)]. First is a photo of all of my finds as they looked before being cleaned up. This photo was taken in late Aug. 05
Keep in mind that this was my first dig in which I found ANY pre-1900 (embossed) bottles. The 'bottle gods' blessed me with nearly 40. Not to mention many others that were label only.
I have only just been able to get most of the embossed bottles cleaned. I will add a pic of them as well a description of each to this thread also...
I would love to here your comments and any information you may have about the origins of any of these products/bottles.

Zx70983.jpg

Attachments

• Zx70983.jpg
    Zx70983.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 55

woody

Reaction score
Nice haul.
I see a Bunker Hill pickle in the back, along with a couple of Hood Sarsaparilla bottles, next to the Hostetters'.
Schencks Pulmonic syrup.
Warners Sarsaparilla.
Keasby and Mattisons.
Davis' vegetable pain killer.
Bixby's???
J&IEM turtle ink???
Johnson's American Anodyne Linament

You must have had a blast digging that dump.[:D]

diggermeister

Reaction score
You got that right Woody! It was wonderful[:D]! You are also right on with your partial list above. There is also; PAINE'S CELERY COMPOND, MILLER'S PARLOUR PRIDE STOVE ENAMEL MILKEN AND CO. BOSTON, ATWOODS JAUNDICE BITTERS, MASONS EXTRACT (several of these in various colors), MILLER'S HAYNES AND CO. ARABIAN BALSAM, and CROWN LIQUID COFFEE (my first ever 19th century embossed bottle) among others.
Here is a photo of most of the embossed finds from an incredible dig [8D][8D]!!! All cleaned up...except for the BIXBY'S to the far right. This one only was rinsed with plain water to offer a contrast to there current appearance...
Thanks again to J&K for having me up to R.I. to dig!!!!

Vt57453.jpg

Attachments

• Vt57453.jpg
    Vt57453.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 43

madman

Reaction score
hey diggermeister wow !!! congrats those are beautiful, im so jealous mike!!!!

bearswede

Reaction score
Hi Gary...

Great booty!!!!!

I've owned and sold two of those Log Cabins, the last one for $150 at a bottle show... They're a Warner's bottle...

Do you know of any dumps in Cranston? My daughter lives there...

Ron

PS... Love your photo in your User's Profile!!!

elmoleaf

Reaction score
Very nice finds.
Did you do tumble any to clean them, or otherwise do anything special?
Are they white from sickness or ashes?
Anything interesting junk turn up during the dig? Marbles, stove parts, rusty metal junk?
Was the dump difficult to locate? Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229