Rick's latest AB&GC mag article

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Rick,

Great job once again in the latest edition of the Antique Bottle and Glass Collector magazine! I always enjoy your articles and photos. Please keep them coming! I wonder how many people on here subscribe to AB&GC? I always enjoy pulling it out of the mail box and opening it on the spot. Some amazing stories you don't always see on here. It is worth the small yearly price for the wealth of info and the free ad. Again, great job Rick. Thanks. You da diggin man!

Tom

glass man

Reaction score
WOW! RICK HOPE YOU PUT THE STORY ON YOUR WEB SITE! I GOT THE MAG. FOR YEARS,BUT REALLY NEED THE MONEY FOR OTHER THINGS,EVEN THOUGH IT IS NOT THAT EXPENSIVE,BUT THEN THAT IS SUBJECTIVE.

ANY WAY HOPE TO READ IT SOON!!! JAMIE

RedGinger

Reaction score
Can't wait to read the story, Rick. Is it available online?

Lordbud

Reaction score
You know I subscribed to AB&GC when it was small size, then a couple years into the larger format. Right around that time the bottle auctions were suddenly gaining popularity and pushing bottle show retail prices way up from where they had been, at which point I kinda lost interest in the hobby for a bit. Having an affordable hobby had been my joy for about fifteen or so years at that time. Seeing $20 flasks turn over for $200 was quite a shock to me and those prices have never looked back, so to speak.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I stopped taking AB&G several years ago, after determining that it failed to serve the hobby in the manner to which it had in the past. Now, I much favor bottles and Extras, the Federation publication. Sadly, I won't be reading Rick's adventures.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CALDIGR2

I stopped taking AB&G several years ago, after determining that it failed to serve the hobby in the manner to which it had in the past. Now, I much favor bottles and Extras, the Federation publication. Sadly, I won't be reading Rick's adventures.

Wow every one is seeing it but me! lol I am visiting my dad in "deer country"
When I get home I will scan it and put it on my Web site.
AB&GC is a great mag,I look foreword to reading all the story's each month.Like Mr Penn diggers said,it is like waiting for a present.:)
Hey Cal your making it sound to much like politics.I am just a PLAIN OLE BOTTLE DIGGER.Thats why I like good ole down to earth AB&GC .To many people complacate chit.That's why you don't see me here all that much any more.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Lordbud

You know I subscribed to AB&GC when it was small size, then a couple years into the larger format. Right around that time the bottle auctions were suddenly gaining popularity and pushing bottle show retail prices way up from where they had been, at which point I kinda lost interest in the hobby for a bit. Having an affordable hobby had been my joy for about fifteen or so years at that time. Seeing $20 flasks turn over for $200 was quite a shock to me and those prices have never looked back, so to speak.

Put the $$$ signs aside for a bit,and have some fun.Its about the HISTORY& THE FUN.I have a job for that ugly green stuff..I don't mix the two. DIG ON BOYZ

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Hey Cal your making it sound to much like politics.I am just a PLAIN OLE BOTTLE DIGGER.Thats why I like good ole down to earth AB&GC .To many people  complacate chit.That's why you don't see me here all that much any more.
[/quote]

After a solid 50 yrs of diggin' it don't any more hard core than me. Just another "PLAIN 'OL BOTTLE DIGGER. Got no use for politics, either. Jim's a friend, too, and I'll see him tomorrow, but I don't need another bottle mag.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson