River Treasure Hunting

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Brettpreach

Reaction score
Anyone ever dive any Ga rivers? Has anyone ever heard of an river shipwrecks carrying gold, silver, etc? I need to talk to someone experienced in this field. I live in an area where there are several shipwrecks in the river that as far as we can tell, no one has ever searched them. I dont know the salvage laws on things like this. Is it legal for me to keep bottles, coins, artifacts that I find at the river? Is hookah a good system for doign this. Never been diving in rivers and I want to use wisdom. Current can be very dangereous. Also, pretty big gators, lol. ANy info would be greatly appreciated.

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hey Brett, I don't know anything about shipwrecks or anything but here in Ohio you CANNOT take indian artifacts, bottles or whatever you might find from state parks and the like. But I also have a little motto I like to go by, "what they don't know won't hurt them." [:D]

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
we dont have to worry about gators here in philly, we have to worry about giant man eating rats and what we like to call "floaters". ewwwww

elmoleaf

Reaction score
Check the laws VERY carefully. There are some very restrictive laws in some states about removing stuff from rivers/lake bottoms etc.

IRISH

Reaction score
Don't know if I'd be too keen on the 'gators [&:] , there are some creeks in parts of Queensland I'd say would be loaded but there are big Croc's in there so I'll never get in. I don't think you would have much chance of hitting one with a bangstick or the like if it did have a go at you either.

Hookah gear is widely used in the rivers here in Oz by many diggers, seems to keep them all alive and finding bottles so it must be good [:D] .

aussiebottlo

Reaction score
Hi Brett,

Not to keen on the gators but good luck with diving, I use a hookah for most of my diving, I have two hookahs, one petrol driven for deeper work and a small 12v unit for shallow work. I like to have a small bail out bottle for emergency when workinig at depth.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie