Rock dump pontils

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
RE: Rock dump pontils back again

ORIGINAL: Digswithstick

Finally the whole one ,the neck is way off center have not seen this before ,glad to get something intact !The good thing about this dump is only glass and rocks ,the glass is not sick just all broken .I think i was pretty thorough this time but .........maybe next year
m16.gif

F3237B0A6C0740BDA528927DE9F5BF70.jpg

Wow Rick!....How cool is that little pontil!!!??? It's great that you went back and found that,....That's a great little bottle,...very cool.
m6.gif
Good job on unearthing it,....It would have been great enough to just find a normal version of it, let alone with that crazy neck....I'll bet you earned it. Those Loveridges bitters are pretty cool too, I'll find one someday, I hope.[:D] Joe

RedGinger

Reaction score

Hi Rick! Joe called me in to see your bottle. Wow! That is unbelievable! It is so cool. Blows my mind. Can you imagine the person who bought that bottle? "Well, it looks a little funny..." I wonder what was in it too. For me, the cruder, the better. It looks like it comes from the "black glass era" or something. If I had the money, I'd send it for an analysis of its contents. Very cool. A great find for a great guy.

Penn Digger

Reaction score

GREAT bottle Rick!!! Let's see it all cleaned up (be careful). Good for you.

PD

Digswithstick

Reaction score

Brian ,thanks ,makes me feel better it is probably shards from same bottle ! Joe ,thanks ,sure was happy to find it ,hope you find a whole bitters ! Laur ,thanks ,had been there tossing rocks and sratching bottom and edges,for several hours before i found it could not believe it was intact .Forgot to add it is 2 &13/16" tall ,the Sloans found last year was 2&9/16" .Thanks PD ,that is as clean as i am going to get it ,the neck is too small and off center for cleaning,plus i have been known to break bottles cleaning them ,sorry . Thanks Fred ,i think most of the undug dumps around here are under these huge rock piles ,and most of the glass is broken .
m16.gif

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

ORIGINAL: Digswithstick

Finally the whole one ,the neck is way off center have not seen this before ,glad to get something intact !The good thing about this dump is only glass and rocks ,the glass is not sick just all broken .I think i was pretty thorough this time but .........maybe next year
m16.gif

F3237B0A6C0740BDA528927DE9F5BF70.jpg

That is a cool lQQkin little weird bottle [:D]

Plumbata

Reaction score

I guess the next thing to do would involve researching the property lines of that area as they existed in 1860. Maybe you can find the privy used by the property owners back when this pontiled stuff was dumped? There must be some old township maps out there that can give you a good idea regarding where to look, if the farmhouses are already long gone.

Digswithstick

Reaction score

Rick ,thanks i like it too and hey you can't find ALL the weird stuff (lol) .Plumbata ,i know where the house is (one of the oldest in the county ,still standing )but the entire yard is flower garden
m12.gif
! The main dump has been bulldozed into huge dug pit 20+ years ago and is now huge swamp
m13.gif
But i will keep looking
m11.gif
m16.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member